Skip to content
PCOS and frustrated
Breakdown25 posted:
Im 25 and was told i have PCOS my husband an I got married a year ago and have yet to get pregnant. I dont really know what to do and cant afford to see a good doctor any advice would be appriciated greatly. All I have ever wanted is a family so this is very heartbreaking to not be having any luck concieving.

jrogers8109 responded:
I am also 25 and I was diagnosed 5 months ago while trying to get pregnant. My doctor put me on birth control for 2 months to regulate my cycle (they were lasting 50 days), followed by 3 months of metformin. I am still not pregnant, so my doctor now has me taking 50mg of metformin as well as Clomid. To find out how to help, your doctor will need to run some blood tests to check hormone levels.
Try not to let it get you down. Being diagnosed with PCOS does not mean that you can't get pregnant. It simply means that you have hormones that are a little out of whack, and your menstral cycle/ovulation are irregular. You can get pregnant, it just may take a while longer than you expected.

kam20 responded:
I am 24 I have been diagnose with PCOS 1year ago. I will say I have a good dr finally but I have been put on provera to jump start my cycle on day 3 I start taking femara my dr prefer femara because the side affects are not as bad as clomid after I do 5 days of femara on day 12 I go back to the doctor to get a shot to start ovulation. I know it could be a difficult situation but all things are possible I hope I help!!!

Breakdown25 replied to jrogers8109's response:
Thanks for sharing it makes me feel better to know were the same age and goin through it together. Its putting alot of stress on me right now and so im working on controling that so i dont make it any harder to get pregnant.

kam20 replied to Breakdown25's response:
No problem I understand how you feel but one thing you shouldnt do is let it stress you because its something that we cant control but we can fight it so anytime you need to talk just write I hope this helps!!!!!

Spotlight: Member Stories

Im 22 and have been married for almost 2 years. We have wanted to get pregnant however with PCOS I havent had a period for 6 months. Im taking 1000mg ...More

Helpful Tips

The Metformin Manifesto
This has been floating around a PCOS forum on a different site for years. I thought it would be good to pass on here. I DID NOT WRITE IT. ... More
Was this Helpful?
19 of 27 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.