Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Confused
Lauralou112 posted:
Hi. I am 31 years old and my husband and I have been trying to conceive for about 8 months. Last fall I was diagnosed with an under active thyroid which is now stable. I have been off the pill for about a year. My periods have been pretty irregular since (between 31 and 36 days). I went in last month for a progesterone test that showed I didn't ovulate that month. I started having pain in my stomach and went in for an ultrasound where a few cysts were seen. My doctor didn't seem too concerned, but prescribed Provera. Today was day seven on pill with still no period and it is cycle day 40. Because there are cysts, does that mean I have PCOS? I guess I just need to keep waiting patiently, just pretty bummed about everything. I was Also prescribed letrazole to make me ovulate and not sure why not Clomid. Thanks for any advice/encouragement.

kam20 responded:
Hi lauralou112 I understand how you feel I have been diagnose with PCOS 1 year ago how I found out was by a pelvic ultrasound. I would think the reason he may have put you on provera is to jump start your cycle in after that you take clomid or femara on day 3 to 7 to jump start ovulation . I took provera almost two weeks ago I thought something was wrong because I had not started I ended up having my cycle this past Sunday. I went to the doctor today she started me on femara because today is day 3 of my cycle. I go back next thrusday in if everything is ok she will give me a shot to jump start ovulation. I hope this helps!!!

Spotlight: Member Stories

This is my story... I am 31 years old (32 in March) and I have been married for almost 2 years. I am young professional who has traveled the world and...More

Helpful Tips

Alan Sanchez vs Jorge Silva live stream
Alan Sanchez vs Jorge Silva live stream, LIve Boxing Alan Sanchez vs Jorge Silva stream, WAtch Christopher Alan Sanchez vs Jorge Silva live ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.