Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
PCOS
Jessygirl7993 posted:
I was told I had PCOS 2 months ago, I was sad and more sad to tell my husband because we both were looking forward to growing a family together but life hit me. We found out that there are ways around it, like getting an OB when we are ready to have a child and getting the right treatment for PCOS, I was told if you live a heathlier life it increases your chance of having a child. So I have been trying to eat better and think more positive and put it in God's hands and know it will work out for the best. Everything we go through is always a moral to it, so I believe I'm in the process of understanding and learning.

kam20 responded:
I know how you feel I have been having PCOS for 2 yrs it have been a journey but believe it or not I have talk to alot of women who have PCOS in have kids!!! Keep your faith in pray. I hope this helps a little bit.

blueeyebaby responded:
I have always had PCOS symptoms but when tested back in 2008 when we were having trouble conceiving, my blood work was in normal ranges. I used clomid to help regulate my cycles and help me ovulate and I have a beautiful DS. We then got preggers again while I was breastfeeding with no medical help and have a beautiful DD. We began trying october 2011 for a third and again had difficulties. This time around clomid didn't work (we did 5 cycles). I just went to an RE and we established that with my age increasing (only 31 but was 28 when conceived DS) PCOS may be the culprit. She tested me and it was confirmed. I am now on metformin (which could regulate my cycle on it's own and helps to reduce chances of miscarriage through first trimester). We will start Femera next month. I know that starting a family may be more difficult, but it is possible!! Just be positive and work closely with your OB/GYN when the time comes. Or if you want more options and more experience in the area of conceiving with PCOS, look into an RE (reproductive endocronologist). Good luck to you!!

Spotlight: Member Stories

Hi there, my name is Lori and I am 29. I believe in order to receive help, disclosure is important, so for a bit of background information I seem to h...More

Helpful Tips

Max Muscle Blast
If you want to boost over-all results of muscle building then using Max Muscle Blast is a better option for you. This is not only ... More
Was this Helpful?
6 of 6 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.