Skip to content
getting picked on, bullied with our symptoms
ForeverFrustrated posted:
I know this sounds immature but has anyone been bullied? i remember growing up i got called fat, or hair gorilla or really awful awful things and I always wondered what was wrong with me until I finally got an answer for all my symptoms. Also I never wear tanktops, due to my horrible Acanthosis nigricans, its a curse really, I'll forever have a farmers tan (lol).
How do we deal with all our symptoms? I go to college now and its hard keeping people around once they find out about my symptoms. Advice?

PCOS_lady_1991 responded:
Honestly just be yourself. I have PCOS pretty bad myself...
And as cliche as it sounds, I've made up for it with my personality. Believe me, no matter what people say, you're beautiful inside and out. Be proud of who you are. Don't let them get to you. Don't worry about PCOS. I figure most people don't understand it AT ALL so why bother telling them or being worried with what they think.

Thats the best advice I can give. I always use to think "Oh maybe I should tell them what I have and explain every detail of everything before they start noticing these things and think I'm a freak!"

Pshhh, I was wrong. The more you worry, the more it shows. Just relax, learn yourself, learn how to make yourself better for YOU. People tend to forget that its good to be selfish every once in awhile.

You're gonna be just fine

The people who are worth your time will stick around no matter what.
Always remember that!!

Good luck!!!

Spotlight: Member Stories

I was diagnosed with PCOS beginning of Jan. 2011. It's been an uphill battle for the past 6 months. I started my period when I was 11 or 12 and u...More

Helpful Tips

CLICK//You are most welcome to Charlotte Bobcats vs Philadelphia 76ers live stream NBA Basketball online free NBA Basketball start today if you want to watch this match you must be
Charlotte Bobcats vs Philadelphia 76ers live stream NBA Basketball on your PC. Charlotte Bobcats vs Philadelphia 76ers live time is Monday, ... More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 0 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.