Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
young and not feeling the best
kfountan135 posted:
I am just turning 21, and I was first diagnosed with hypothyroidism when I was 12 years old! I rarely had my period! Which really wasn't much of a bother to me. As I went through middle school and high school I had noticed excessive hair growth literally all over my body! It was embarrassing. Towards the beginning of my high school year i was also diagnosed with pcos! I was on many medications but nothing had worked for me! As I have gotten older I have done many things to try and hide my hair, but i have yet had any success. I do shave, and i know it's bad to do it!! But i do have hair that grows on my neck, my side burns, my lower back, my chest, my breast, and my abdomen! I can never wear shirts that show my chest! Or may even show my back! I feel completely disgusted to have to shave my face! I am in a happy relationship with someone. And we have tLked about laser hair surgery or electrolisis. But I am wondering if it will just grow back the same because of my high testosterone levels! I don't want to spend thousands for it just to come back. I wanna feel some what normal again!! And to feel beautiful!

PCOS_lady_1991 responded:
Are you on any medications? If you don't start birth control (which contains estrogen and helps balance your hormones) you're sure to grow hair back. The best way to prevent new hair is to level your hormones. If you are on that then you should be fine!

I really do understand what you're going though...
I hate shaving EVERYTHING EVERYDAY. But it'll be alright. I'm glad you have someone that is supporting you through all this and still loves you for you!

Just make sure your hormones are level for a good while before considering one of those things so that you don't have any unwanted hair popping up!

I hoped I helped!
Good luck with everything!

Spotlight: Member Stories

I am 23 years old. Have been married a year and a half. We have been trying to conceive for about 5 months, until finally I convinced myself I have PC...More

Helpful Tips

Max Muscle Blast
If you want to boost over-all results of muscle building then using Max Muscle Blast is a better option for you. This is not only ... More
Was this Helpful?
6 of 6 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.