Skip to content
ttc with PCOS need some inspiration
fox_rider133 posted:
Hi yall! Well my husband and i have been ttc for the past two years now but i found out back in April that i have PCOS. I am 24 and have my DD 3 years ago with no problems at all i had normal cycles and all. I know i am over weight and im tryin to loose it but i gained 100lbs in my first pregnancy. *OUCHIES* yeah needless to say i wont make that mistake again. I just need some words around me everyone is having babies and getting preggers again or for the first time and i am just getting super depressed about it all. I have been taking the metformin but i get hella sick from it. (i cant get past the 2 pill stage) any advice or words of encourgement?

curiousnmo responded:
Ask for the Metformin extended release. I was having the same problem.. I could barely take them at all. They made my stomach so upset. But I can take these extended release no problems.

fox_rider133 replied to curiousnmo's response:
can not get the release ones bc Tricare doesnt cover them. i have been on 2x a day and i am starting 3 tomorrow. i am just not a breakfast person....

DCR2003 responded:
I am in the same situation as you, DD 3 and been trying since out M/c in december of 2011. I recently got diagnosed with PCOS(august), even tho my only symptom is cysts, and longer cycles. I have been on Metformin since then and have had confirmed ovulation each month, blood test and temperatures bbt. Im lost as to why its not working. I posted about Male factor , so i jsut dont know. I too am frusterated. I also got AF today after a 38 day cycle, even tho my last 2 months have been 34 and 35 days. Met has definelty not shortend my cycles. Anyways, just wanted to let you know i feel your pain and i hope we can figure all this out!! Baby dust

curiousnmo replied to DCR2003's response:
metformin def shortens my cycles.. except when i have really had stress.. then it doesn't help with anything at all.

DCR2003 replied to curiousnmo's response:
Well ithought i was getting AF!! Just brown spotting once yesturday and once this morning, now nothing!! I am now on CD40!! Ugh, i give up, i might just go off Met, it obviously isnt working for me. My cycles have been the same, while on Met and when i was not on Met. SO im lost...

blueeyebaby replied to DCR2003's response:
Have you talked to your doctor about clomid or femera to help with ovulation? If you don't O on your own, you won't have regular cycles. Clomid or femera can help with that. Metformin can level some hormones and such out but you may still need more.

I did clomid in 2008 to conceive our DS and concieved DD with no issues while breast feeding. We have been TTC a third for over a year now. About 2 1/2 months months ago, I started seeing an RE. She tested me and said I had PCOS and needed metformin. I started with one 500mg pill with breakfast for a week then added one at dinner for the second week. I then added a second pill at breakfast to make 1500mg a day of metformin. It took a month to really get used to the affects but I kept looking to the big picture, a baby!! I went in after a month and they found a cyst so I had to take birth control for a month to reduce it. That worked and we are now doing 5mg femora to bring on ovulation. I hope to know soon if it is working.
I wish you luck and hope things work out for you!!

fox_rider133 responded:
update. i dont think i mentioned before that i was only getting AF 3x a year. Now that i am back on Metaformin 3x a day i am at about 35 day cycle and got it for 3rd time in a row. i also found out that i have to take my prenatals with it but now that they are back like they were before my DD i am misreable i keep telling myself its worth it. im glad its coming but omg i couldnt move for the first 2 days. and when i got up i was dizzy. i called my ob/gyn and i cant get in till Jan and she also said that we will discuss Clomid then. But now my big goal is to drop some weight before then. I want to believe if i loose some weight it will happen. But this is hitting me so hard bc my DD will be 3 this month and i want to cry bc she is asking at least once a day for a baby. Good luck to all you mommas. its sooo good to know we arent alone in this. I think the worst part is i dont have anyone to talk to . baby dust to yall!

Spotlight: Member Stories

Single mom of a wonderful daughter. PCOS *see and endocrinologist and GYN* History of central hypothyroidism Rathke cleft cyst Anxiety / OCD 20/200 vi...More

Helpful Tips

SPAN~***Philadelphia Flyers vs Chicago Blackhawks live stream nhl watch free watch HD tv online.
Watch Philadelphia Flyers vs Chicago Blackhawks live stream online Free HOCKEY Game Today. Don't miss Carolina Hurricanes vs Edmonton ... More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 0 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.