Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
I dont know what to think???? :(
supergirl1022 posted:
Hi, ive been doing the ovulation test kits at home and last month i started on the 14th-17th and it was - negative then i skipped 18th and 19th then i did a test on the 20th and it said YES!!!! but i bought another test kit and started on the 11th of september. from the 11th to the 19th it said - negative, but i did it 2day on the 20th and it said YES!! once again. i havent had a period this month and was wondering if a woman could actually get pregnant without having a period can she still ovulate??? CAN ANYONE HELP ME ANSWER MY ? thanks nicole

littlemarie responded:
I have!!! i have had "silent periods" where with PCOS you can technically have a period but you dont bleed (it all stays inside) which can lead to endometriosis or if you have it make it worse. my ovulation is also VERY random anywhere from day 5! to say 13 or have had later.....

littlemarie responded:
ok i need to ammend my comment.....upon doing more reseach because i have your problem....someome more experienced with our syndrome says we can get false posistives with home kits because of our hormonal inbalances. (it actually says in to instruction not to use if you have hormaomal inbalances which is kinda of the deffinition of our problem) her doc has to do monthly blood work to verify her ovulation dates!!!

Spotlight: Member Stories

My husband and I were married April 2005. We started TTC in August of 2005 b/c we knew that due to my family history we would have difficulty conceivi...More

Helpful Tips

The Metformin Manifesto
This has been floating around a PCOS forum on a different site for years. I thought it would be good to pass on here. I DID NOT WRITE IT. ... More
Was this Helpful?
19 of 27 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.