Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Im CONFUSED??!!! and I NEED ADVICE :(
supergirl1022 posted:
Hello, i was told since i have PCOS that its not a good idea for me to use the ovulation kits becuz i dont have regular cycles and it makes it harder to detect. I got off of birth control almost 3 months ago and it was way too early for me to start ovulating becuz i needed time to adjust to not having the hormones in the pill but what i dont understand is why would the ovulation test kit say yes after a week of testing and it being no??? could those tests actually give a false positive??? PLEASE ANY ADVICE WOULD POSSIBLY HELP ME!!!! THANKS

maragayle responded:
OPKs don't work for women with PCOS. If you read the directions, it states that people with hormonal imbalances, such as those with PCOS, may get false positives. I don't even bother purchasing them anymore. I make my doctor monitor me through blood work to confirm ovulation.

kaylab0209 responded:
if you want help with ovulating try Vitex its all natural, I heard about it thru some women with PCOS, I figured it couldnt hurt to try i was not ovulating with the hormone pills they were giving me I took it for three weeks and started getting my pd regularly, i asked my Doc and she said its possible thats what did it! give it a try, i noticed no side effects

Spotlight: Member Stories

My husband and I were married in 2000. We TTC in 2002, and I was diagnosed w/PCOS in 2003. I had one miscarriage in Feb 2003. I started taking Met in ...More

Helpful Tips

Max Muscle Blast
If you want to boost over-all results of muscle building then using Max Muscle Blast is a better option for you. This is not only ... More
Was this Helpful?
6 of 6 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.