PCOS- periods/spotting question
nic14120 posted:
I am 34 and diagnosed with PCOS after the birth of my son (which took 10 months to conceive). My periods were regular then, but I remember having spotting. Before trying to conceive my daughter My periods was pretty sporadic, i did experience spotting thru the months as well. i do also have hypothryrpidism. I am currently leveld with that. Thr last few months my periods has been regular, about 30-34 days, max. I ended my period last Sun and since ending it I have spotted at least 5 days already. Is it common to have a regular scheduled menstrual cycle and be spotting too?? I havr been working out, so not sure if that can bring on spotting?

PCOS_lady_1991 responded:
Honestly yes that is entirely normal. PCOS is ridiculous and it throws your body's hormones for a loop.
Only thing I can suggest to reduce spotting and to have regular cycles is to get on birth control. If you're already on it you possibly need to try a different kind. I myself went through at least 4, that I remember, before getting one that worked correctly with my body.

No two people are alike!

I hope this helped!