Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Does the depo shot have any thing to do with the occurrence of PCOS?
9193kids posted:
Just curious because my daughter is past the 18 months getting it out of her system. She went in for testing and testoteren is high and dh something is also high

BeanL responded:
if you ask a doctor they will say no. But women,like me, beg to differ. Symtoms of PCOS and what the depo shot does to keep you from getting pregnant are VERY similar. I never had any trouble with anything that pertains to the female reproductive organs til after I was on the depo for a year. Before the depo I was able to concieve, now I cant. Its been 7 years since Ive used birth control. I never have regular periods, I have horrible cramping, unwanted facial hair, cant lose weight no matter what I do. I believe from the bottom of my heart that the depo shot caused my PCOS.

Spotlight: Member Stories

I am 20 and have been diagnosed with PCOS. So far the Metformin has helped my irregularity and I am working on a exercise routine and diet that will h...More

Helpful Tips

Timothy Bradley Jr vs Manny Pacquiao Live stream hbo ppv boxing online
watch Boxing match between Bradley vs Pacquiao welterweight Live online tv Get the best online sports coverage on the net directly on your ... More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 0 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.