Skip to content
Insurance problems
aly_marie posted:
I have had symptoms of PCOS for years but just decided to have blood work and a sonogram done to determine if this is actually the problem. My lab results came back with elevated testosterone levels, but the sonogram did not show cysts. Great news, so I thought. Now my insurance company is refusing to pay for the sonogram calling it a "cosmetic practice" since the test came back negative. I've talked to the doctor's office several times but they refuse to change the code.

Any suggestions?

jrmjo responded:
Your doctor needs to write a letter telling the insurance company that the test was "medically necessary" to determine if you had an illness and you need to appeal.

I'm not an insurance expert., but how is a sonogram a cosmetic procedure??? Maybe they made some kind of mistake?

Good luck!

Spotlight: Member Stories

About Me: I'm a wife and a mom. Why I came to WebMD: To become a better informed health consumer. I'm a baby boomer facing the same cha...More

Helpful Tips

FReE## Ottawa Senators vs New York Rangers live stream nhl watch free ,..///watch HD tv online.
Watch Ottawa Senators vs New York Rangers live stream online Free HOCKEY Game Today. Don't miss Carolina Hurricanes vs Edmonton Oilers ... More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 0 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.