Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Advice for newly diagnosed Pcos women!
britnyh13 posted:
Hey ladies I was recently diagnosed at age 24 with pcos! I went most my young life with no to very few periods!!! After finally deciding I needed to go to the gyno and get checked out two years later I was told I had pcos. My doctor has put me on Metphormin as a way to basically help with hormones and prevent diabetes in the future. I am over weight but healthy and have no other health problems besides pcos possibly insulin resistant and being over weight. I really have a few questions and would appreciate any imput. I feel very alone in this. I'm very confused by my doctor and calling her again and again gets old.
1.) why metphormine if I have no prediabetes or high blood pressure? My insulin level is only 0 .1 over the normal range. So apperently that makes me pre insulin resistant?
2.) methphormin is killing my stomach! I started at 500mg and was sick very sick but a month later it got better. I just started twice a day or 1000mg and its sick again!! nausea stomach pain and diarrhea will it ever get better? I do take it with a full meal and lactose free milk.
3.) I am taking a multi vitamin...b-complex and, hair skin and nails vitamins. I don't believe anything is effecting the meds and I make sure to take my vitamins two or more hours after my met.
4.) I'm on my third month of met and no weight loss...not a lb and before it I was losing some.I eat healthy quite healthy so I'm confused? any one else lose no weight on it?

Ik this is a lot of stuff but I'm just worried and very alone with this new problem. I am usually a very confident and positive girl but all this stuff is worring me.....any help would be great!

Spotlight: Member Stories

I am 21 years old and have had pcos for the past 4 years. the way i found out is that my period had stopped for about 3 months and me and my mom didnt...More

Helpful Tips

You can find me on integral name
You can find me on integral name or and some cloud dot com slash am home music thank God I and the next week the then for now from ... More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 0 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.