Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
PCOS Help wanted: weight management/exercise/nutrition tips?
Irelyn posted:
Hello, I am a 27 year old woman who was diagnosed 8 months ago with PCOS. I have suffered since I was 15 with it without knowing what it was. I had been through 9 doctors over the years, several birth control options, medical bills, ultra sounds etc. I was a dancer and in sports but still would gain weight. Currently I work a desk job with long hours and dont exercise at all and still gain weight. I do not know how to eat right or exercise right. I did not have periods for over 9 years. Finally after being put on metformin for about 6 months I started having regualr periods again. I am so confused about PCOS and how to control it. I have looked all of the internet and there is so much information, but nothing that really breaks down specific eating habits or suggestions. I only see eat healthy, low sugar high fiber eat 4-6 meals a day, that is not that helpful. Exercise tells me to work out 30 mins a day. That doesn't tell me specific needs to get rid of this bloating belly, weight gain. I really want to get healthy without having to continously spend a fortune on doctors who dont have to live with it. I am getting depressed about the acne that is under chin and neck, my face and body feel full and bloating. Medication gives me some bowel issues. Please tell me other people have been able to control this better. I just want to feel right whatever that feels like because it seems as if I have struggled with this my whole life without really knowing it. Any help suggestions on eating habits and exercise would be greatly appreciated from people who deal with this day in and day out.

jujubean97 responded:
also stuggle with pcos and weight gain and losing weight, about a year and a half ago i started tracking my food on an app called my fitness pal and have lost 107 lbs still have a but more to go but after reading alot about natural treatments i started taking a cinnamon chromium supplement and that helps with the insulin levels and i really think has helped in my weight loss sucess. ive also read vit b3 and b6 and biotin and carnitine, i currently take along with the cinnamon vit d and biotin, im currently looking into the vit b's. hope this helps

Spotlight: Member Stories

Hi there, my name is Lori and I am 29. I believe in order to receive help, disclosure is important, so for a bit of background information I seem to h...More

Helpful Tips

watch and download full movie box office
DONT MISS IT !!!! FREE !!! WATCH AND DOWNLOAD FULL MOVIE THE MOST POPULAR FILM OF BOX OFFICE... JUST CLICK LINK BELOW >>>> ... More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 0 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.