Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
PCOS/Hormone Question
Hopestr posted:
Hey Ladies, I have a question about my PCOS side effects. Here is a little back story. After having my daughter (after fertility treatments) my PCOS got really bad. I would have horrible headaches, hot flashes, foggy memory, weight gain, insomina, dry eye, oily skin, facial hair, acne and horrible mood swings. My doctors discovered that not only was my PCOS acting up but that body can't handle the estrogen in birth control pills (Yaz) so they decided to give me an IDU (which I love) and told me to avoid caffeine. Well, after about a month all my PCOS problems went away. Well, now jump foward a year and a half they are all back!! The only thing I have done different is a regular workout routine and diet. Here's my theory as to what is happening, since one of the main "cures" for PCOS is weight loss, I'm thinking that maybe since I've lost about 12 pounds my body is trying to naturally regulate my hormonal inbalance (doctors told me I don't produce estrogen but I produce 13 times the normal level of testerone for a average female). Does this seem like a possiblity? Has anyone ever had this happen? Will it get better? I feel like I'm being punished for actually taking care of myself and losing weight! Thanks for your help!

32 year old female/married with a 3 year old daughter

Spotlight: Member Stories

Bonnie (22) DH (24) Dx with PCOS...After 18 months of TTC, we got a miracle BFP in March! Due 11/22/11, so blessed!

Helpful Tips

HD.TV]]]-Grenoble vs Montpellier Live Streaming Top 14 Orange online HD TV
When, where and how to watch Grenoble vs Montpellier Live Streaming online Top 14 Orange HD broadcast coverage. Here is Grenoble vs ... More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 0 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.