Skip to content
Can Anyone Relate??
AmeriBrit posted:
My DH and I have been TTC for the last 6 years. Come to find out, I have PCOS and Endometreosis and he is sterile. Of course we were both devastated.

So, this year after long consideration we decided to artificially inseminate. I went to my OB/GYN last year and was put on various different hormones, etc. to help with my cycle irregularities, none of which worked.

Last June, I decided to try an all natural alternative (Chasteberry/Vitex), which needless to say I was skeptical of. Well, I actually had 11 months of regularity which was amazing (considering I've never had a regular cycle my whole life).

This February, we bit the bullet and started inseminating. Of course, I didn't fall pregnant and we tried again in March. Again, no luck. We finally worked out our timing was off.

We went to try again in April, however, I had my LH surge a week earlier than we expected and had to cancel the insemination. After being 2 weeks late for my period, I decided to take a pregnancy test. I tested negative.

I am having some light spotting that started yesterday, but no cramps or any normal signs of a period.

I have a dr's appointment next week but I was wondering if anyone else has experienced this too. Is this normal with PCOS? Can you surge without ovulating? Can you have a period without ovulating?

Also, has anyone tried Metformin? What were the results, if so?

Thanks for reading!

Spotlight: Member Stories

I began menstration very early (10 years old) and at 12 years old, I had a cyst to rupture. My GYN at that time became concerned that I might have PCO...More

Helpful Tips

Watch Columbus Blue Jackets vs New York Islanders Live Streaming Hockey 2014 Hd Video Online Tv
Welcome To Sports Fans Watch Columbus Blue Jackets vs New York Islanders Live Streaming NHL Hockey 2014 Season ICE Hockey Online Direct TV. ... More
Was this Helpful?
3 of 3 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.