Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
PCOS mis diagnosed?
shari_08 posted:
After a series of blood work, I have Been told by my doctor i may have PCOS. I have been off BC for a year and 3 months. I have irregular periods.. and do not get every month. I was normal before and was on BC for 14years. TTC for a year, no luck. I actually lost weight stopping BC, no abnormal hair growth or loss, small acne once a month.I am 120lbs and 5ft 3", I am not overweight, eat healthy, drink socially. Could I be mis,diagnosed . I am scared things will start to go wrong. I also have one blocked tube. Any help or advice?

want2bamumE responded:
Hi Shari I too wonder if I have been misdiagnosed..I am 5ft 6'' and weigh 120lbs. I have generally always had regular periods but as of 2012 I skipped 2 months(not consecutive) and this year I skipped two consecutives periods, April and May. I also am not overweight, eat healthy, drink socially. My bf and I are trying to get pregnant though but its so frustrating to miss your period and not get a positive test result.

RachelMcCurdy replied to want2bamumE's response:
Hello, I am 5'4 and weigh 140 (So I'm a little overweight, but not by much). I had very inconsistent periods before I got on the pill. Now I am off the pill to see if I ovulate before I am truly ttc. As a result, I have read multiple books on pcos and ttc with pcos. You both might benefit from a second opinion, however, you do have several of the signs of pcos.

It took me a while to find a second doctor-after I moved- who believe me when I said I had pcos. Most would look at my normal sized body (I was between 125-130 then) and wouldn't consider that I even might have pcos. I was thrilled when one finally took me seriously. Because I had been diagnosed almost ten years before, she wanted to rechecked my diagnosis.

She checked my thyroid, insulin levels, and hormone levels. She wants to check my vitamin levels as well, but we haven't yet. She confirmed I had pcos with my hormone and slightly elevated hormone levels. It was refreshing.

I want to encourage you, if you have any doubts, please get rechecked. It will elevate your stress and help get you closer to a correct diagnosis if you are misdiagnosed. And hopefully get you one step closer to having a precious baby.

Spotlight: Member Stories

i am 28 yrs old . i am have issues with pcos and abnormal bleeding plus i just found out that i am a diabetic but i really just want is to have a fam...More

Helpful Tips

Watch Lyon vs Juventus Live Streaming Soccer Europa League - Quarter-finals Online Hd Video Tv
Hello Dear, Today Soccer Live: you are most welcome Lyon vs Juventus live streaming online free sports start today if you want to watch ... More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 0 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.