Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
PCOS? Advice?
Jules17 posted:
Hello, I just turned 18 years old last month and I've been suffering health issues non stop since I was 16. As far as my lady health goes I started by going to my pediatrician when I was 16 and she found an ovarian cyst the same size as my actual ovary. She then referred me to a gynecologist. I told her about my discomfort and asked her to test my hormones because I felt so awful. She refused to do so and put me on birth control (I stopped taking after 2 months because it made me feel worse) which only left me feeling worse and caused me to miss 2 periods. Several doctors later my new primary care doctor finally tested my hormones after she realized that I have several symptoms of pcos, and my androgen was very high and my progesterone on the low side. She referred me to an endocrinologist where I restated all of my concerns and she insisted it was just because I need to lose a few lbs, however my testosterone was higher on that blood test as well. I am so frustrated and just want this all sorted out so I can feel well again. I am going to a new endocrinologist on Monday. Oh and I have lost 11 lbs but it has not helped at all. I also believe I had another cyst and currently have one. Any advice on what to do?

Spotlight: Member Stories

Watch Supercross 2014 Live Stream Online Rd 11 — Ford Field Detroit, MI (East) Date: Saturday, March 15, 2014 Main Event — 7:00PM Doors ...More

Helpful Tips

TOPIC///-Everton vs Crystal Palace Live Stream Soccer Online England – Premier League HD TV
Are You Looking for exciting soccer? Looking for awesome soccer match with HD video on your pc and related others? Don't worry. It is ... More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 0 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

  • Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.