Skip to content
Worsening symptoms with weight loss
Hawksfan2013 posted:
Hi. I was diagnosed with pcos when I was 18. I have since then gained weight. I was told if I lose the weight things would get better. I have lost 120 lbs. however, my symptoms are now worse. I am getting period endured migraines. Does anyone else have this problem? Any thoughts to fix it. I'm so frustrated that I told my husband this morning I should just gain my weight back.

Hrsracer01 responded:
Talk to your OBGYN first. I was diagnosed over a year ago but with high blood pressure and cholesterol, my dr then didn't want to do anything other than control the symptoms I was having. When I moved my new primary dr put me on Metformin to help me take weight off and start treatment. After 3 months, my PMS symptoms returned with a vengeance so I got put on birth control pills and now I don't have as many problems.

Good for you for losing that much!! It may be a pain but I can tell you it is not worth putting it back on when there may be other options to try.

Spotlight: Member Stories

Bonnie (22) DH (24) Dx with PCOS...After 18 months of TTC, we got a miracle BFP in March! Due 11/22/11, so blessed!

Helpful Tips

Muscle Cars - Selecting The Right One For You
Purchase a rowdy car gift always be a big conclusion With so umpteen contr T-Advance astive things that you poorness to bed into ... More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 0 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.