Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
pain and discomfort
k8lyn719 posted:
was daignosed with PCOS about 4 years ago and i never had a huge problem other that missing a couple periods. but now its been almost 5 months without a period and frequently i get sharp pains on my left side where my ovary is. i have not had health insurance for some time nkw so i have not been to a doctor recently. the pain starts out like someone is stabbing me the just a dull achey pain this alternates for several hours. it seems to be happening more often i hvve a history of neurological migraines as well and i seem to be getting those more frequent as well. has anybody else expierenced this? any tips on how to soothe the pain?

kit12 responded:
I was recently diagnosed with PCOS despite showing symptoms since age 10. Within the last 1 and a half I started feeling pain on my left side. I can't really determine where exactly the pain is coming from I just know it's somewhere below the rib to my hip bone. My first instinct was to go the Gyno and she saw nothing on the ultrasound. So I went to the Gastro and MRIs and an abdomen ultrasound showed nothing. The pain isn't always there it comes and goes. And I have noticed while I feel it, I lose sooooo much hair! And just like you I have migraines more often when I have this pain. So far I've had no real diagnosis to what is causing this. I really think it has to be a cyst. If anyone has felt this and has any idea what it can be please give me more info. Thanks!

Spotlight: Member Stories

I am 24 and DH is 32, we have been ttc since we got married in October of 2009. My older sister had been diagnosed with PCOS and had her little girl i...More

Helpful Tips

Timothy Bradley Jr vs Manny Pacquiao Live stream hbo ppv boxing online
watch Boxing match between Bradley vs Pacquiao welterweight Live online tv Get the best online sports coverage on the net directly on your ... More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 0 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.