Skip to content
Diagnosed with PCOS
cookie1125 posted:
I'm 25 years old and was diagnosed with PCOS a little over 2 years ago. My OBGYN put me on birth control and told me that i probably wouldn't be able to have children with out getting help. Never asked for me to come back or anything. I started the birth control and I started to get a period regularly, but my other symptoms were still there. I've also been struggling with my weight. I have tried everything, and I can't lose any weight. I finally went to go see an endocrinologist. She took me off birth control and started me on metformin about 2 1/2 - 3 months ago. Told me it would regulate me and help me to start losing weight. I haven't had my period since and haven't lost a pound!! I can't possibly eat any less. As a young female it's very upsetting and discouraging to think my situation may never be resolved and I may never be healthy. Can someone please possibly help me or guide me in the next direction. Thank you

Spotlight: Member Stories

My name is Vicky, I was diagnosed with PCOS at 23, but have had symptoms sense hitting puberty. I was put on Metformin from the begining, because I al...More

Helpful Tips

SupplEmeNts to BuiLd Lean MusClE
The said has not everybody has to be one but to the extent that you can be one you're going to be healthy is that rightist's true and in ... More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 0 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.