Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
triggs- why are they even testing me?
critty000 posted:
[TRIGGER] I don't think I made it long enough to even introduce myself here. (but Hi- I'm Christy, 37 years old with 2 silly girls age 5 and 3) I'm pretty sure that I am not pregnant anymore. I feel like my dr is trying to give me false hope and going in for the appointment yesterday was like torture (they are terrible with the waiting and waiting... my appt was for 1pm of course I got there early and I didn't leave until close to 5). I really don't want to go back. So I got a postive test 2 weeks ago, started bleeding 2 days ago- heavy, red, clots. My hCG level yesterday was only 48. I think there is no way I'm still pregnant. Am I wrong to feel so certain? I hate to be negative and I'd like to hope for the best.

43Hope responded:
Hi Christy!
I really do know how you feel!!! And it is not wrong.

TRIGS--I am not sure if this is what is going on for you, but I have had 2 losses in the past year and both I had to go in for several weeks afterward to be sure the HCG level went down to a true negative. They do that when you miscarry naturally--follow it till the numbers come up less than 5. There is a chance all of it did not pass and a good doctor will bring you in each week for blood work to be sure. There is a rare occasion that not all passes and some tissue remains and starts to grow. So, it is a very conscientious doctor and thorough, which is what you want.

Believe me--it really stinks--Last May through July I went in every week. My numbers would not go down and then very slowly, I was hanging in the 35-40 range and we were talking D/C, even though I know I had miscarried on May 15. Finally, I had a draw and I was below 5.

Sorry you have to go through this, but be glad they are following you and checking on you--gives you a better clearance for TTC again, if that is what you want.

And sorry about the waits--that is no fun!
Me (43), DH (43), DD (9), DS (1 1/2), still nursing, newly PG

QueenOfStarWars replied to 43Hope's response:
Christy, I'm so sorry to hear that news. You must be shocked and so upset. 43Hope had some really good points... they probably just want to take the best care of you they can!
Jeannie [Me (37); DH (41); DD 19mos (born at 33 wks on 11/9/2008); EDD 10/18/2010 Pink Team

critty000 responded:
Yeah- you guys are right. I guess I should be going for the appointments. I think I'm also feeling very antisocial right now. I'm not answering my phone and I just spent 20 min. here at work finding someplace where I could eat lunch alone. Not wanting to back to the appointment is probably the same reason- ugh, do have to talk to people??

43Hope replied to critty000's response:
Oh--and Christy, (((HUGS))), since I know that you are having to go through this while grieving and that seems to make it all the more worse. Not wanting to be social is SOO Normal through this!!!!!

Take the time you need--and take care of yourself
Me (43), DH (43), DD (9), DS (1 1/2), still nursing; BFP 5/31

Guinnessstout responded:
Not much more I can add except to say that I'm so sorry. It sounds like a rough time. Having to keep going back and dragging on your experience has to be hard. I hope that all goes well.

Sending you healing thoughts and lots of hugs.

Amanda

EDD 7/30/2010 Pink team!

Lainey_WebMD_Staff replied to critty000's response:
Hello Christy,

I don't blame you for withdrawing and it is normal. If you need support, this is the right community.

QueenOfStarWars replied to Lainey_WebMD_Staff's response:
I think you must give yourself more credit! I simply CANNOT imagine how hard it is to even GO to an appointment and see other pregnant people. I don't know if I would be angry, cry, or WHAT!

I just imagine it must be sooooo difficult for you, Christy. My heart goes out to you.
Jeannie [Me (37); DH (41); DD 19mos (born at 33 wks on 11/9/2008); EDD 10/18/2010 Pink Team

critty000 replied to QueenOfStarWars's response:
Thanks guys- I'm on my way in for my appointment. and by the way- what is wrong with men? My husband keeps saying "maybe you were never pregnant." ugh. big dummy. I don't even know why that makes me so mad. I guess it makes him feel better. I guess I'll find out "for sure" in just a minute.

QueenOfStarWars replied to critty000's response:
There needs to be a hubby-to-preggo-wife filter Hope everything goes okay at your appointment.

43Hope replied to critty000's response:
Christy--at 48, that is a positive pg. If they look for the number to go less than 5, then anything greater is pg--to get clinical for a minute, a sperm penetrated the egg and cells began to multiply, or if you are faithful, a soul was created. Just because it does not go higher, does not mean it never happened.

So, your hubby might just need a little science lesson--I encourage doing it in a nice way, of course!! LOL

I hope today goes well and you stay strong.
Me (43), DH (43), DD (9), DS (1 1/2), still nursing; BFP 5/31

Spotlight: Member Stories

My name is Yvette. I recently turned 40. I have an 18yr old son. I also recently got married to a GOOD Man....who totally changed my mind in having an...More

Helpful Tips

A few tips to start
If you?d like to find which board went to which Exchange, then check out Find Your Exchange . You can increase font size by pressing ... More
Was this Helpful?
13 of 28 found this helpful

Helpful Resources

Be the first to post a Resource!

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.