Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
What Do You Want For Christmas?
Lainey_WebMD_Staff posted:
Hello Mommies!

What do you want for Christmas?

I want all my children home. I also would like to have an adapter for my iPod so I can use it in my car.

kay_kay75 responded:
I want my baby to be healthy when she comes, I would like to find a job that lets me work from home but not holding my breath.

Lainey_WebMD_Staff replied to kay_kay75's response:
Great wish Kay, if you need help with the WFH jobs let me know. I have a huge resource for anyone interested. :6

kay_kay75 replied to Lainey_WebMD_Staff's response:
I am interested, the sad thing is the job I have now has been promising me for 3 years that I will get to work from home.... still waiting!

cheri320 replied to kay_kay75's response:
Kay,
I too had a job that kept promising me the ability to work from home that had target dates that came and went. I finally decided to take action on my own. I made sure that I had hardware/software set up so that everything was ready to go. I tested it out from home on my own time to make sure that everything was working as it should. I kept my bosses posted on the progress and the results. I waited another few months for them to give me the greenlight - but it still wasn't coming. Then I just tested the waters and said I was starting my transition to my home office and agreed to come in to the office one day per week for a while and got no resistance! It went so well that my boss - who was originally the one that was totally against it - now works from home. He comes in to the office less than I do! I am sure everyone's situation is different, but I just wanted to let you know I also had a similar situation and am now working 90% of the time from home and absolutely LOVE it! Especially on these snowy days Good luck!!!
Cheri (37) DH (40) DS (1/30/09) Baby 2 due 3/9/11!

Lainey_WebMD_Staff replied to cheri320's response:
Good for you Cheri320,

You did a great job getting your position switched to your home office. My friend did the same as you. She is now, 3 days home and 2 at work. But her effort got results too. Keep trying!

kay_kay75 replied to cheri320's response:
Cheri, I wish it were that easy, because I work in the healthcare industry I have to have their computer and everything and that is where I am. Just waiting for them. I will be fine have just tried to give up the thought now but would love to be home with LO>

Lainey_WebMD_Staff replied to kay_kay75's response:
Many health care companies provide WAH positions.

cheri320 replied to kay_kay75's response:
I know its not easy. I work for an insurance company. I have a company issued laptop that gives me access to the company network through the internet. I access my company email and files through a VPN connection with relatively few issues - except when my internet goes down. The tricky part is getting the hardware and software/access that you require for remote access. Once you have that, there shouldn't be much else in your way. Good luck!!!
Cheri (37) DH (40) DS (1/30/09) Baby 2 due 3/9/11!

Spotlight: Member Stories

Hi I'm a 41 year old mom of 5. It's been 14 years since I was last pregnant, so needless to say, this is ALL new to me these days. It is soo...More

Helpful Tips

How to load photos on WebMD
WebMD has created a guide to assist you with loading your photos. Photo upload guide More
Was this Helpful?
7 of 15 found this helpful

Helpful Resources

Be the first to post a Resource!