Skip to content
Back At Work
beachkiwi posted:
Hi everyone

Today was my second day back at work after the birth of my twins Zane and Freya back on August 12th 2010. I haven't been able to post much in the last few months because I have been so busy with the babies and doing much of my web surfing on an i-Pad which for some reason I can not post with on this site - I can read however so I have been trying to follow the hight lights.

Anyway my babes are growing like the proverbial weeds - I was going to a breast feeding group here in my area - and one of the best things was that they had a nice scale to weigh the babes on so I was tracking their weights every week or so. With the holidays and such I haven't been for 3 weeks and now that I am back at work I won't be able to go as regularly - anyway my guess is that Zane is weighing in at 18 lbs and his sister Freya a scant 1.5-2 lbs lighter. We are almost EBF - I give one bottle a day in the evening to give myself a break as my kids are big eaters.... 18lbs at 4.5 months! Anyway they are also fantastic sleepers. I have them in their own room in separate cribs and they go to be at 7pm and will sleep through until 7am with one wake up. If I am lucky the wake up is around 4am, if I am unlucky it's at 2am and if I am super lucky they might not wake up at all!

I was a little apprehensive about being back at work - mainly the stress of it combined with the pressure on my time. However now I am two days back into it I have to say my brain is very happy to be back - I also have to say I found looking after the children to be a bit of a grind... it's OK if I can get out each day and they don't cry too much, but if I am stuck at home for any reason or they are particularly unhappy I don't find it all that much fun. Anyway I know I will be a much better Mom with things to activate my brain. I feel very lucky because I found a great nanny with a lot of experience who I think is going to work out great. She came 2 days a week for 3 weeks in Dec and now is full time 9 hours a day. I am currently working out of the house but as of next week I plan to start heading for at least half a day back to the office. I am trying to swing it such that I get the most number of feeds in at home and don't have to spend all my day at the office pumping. The babes are such good eaters now it only takes me 10 mins or so to feed them - so I just break my work here at home when ever they need a feed.

If someone can give me a quick tutorial i would love to attach a couple of my favorite photos.

Alison
Me (39) DH (43) Expecting boy/girl twins end of July!

Lainey_WebMD_Staff responded:
Hi Alison, regarding your Apple iPad do you have the download for WebMD yet? http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/webmd-for-ipad/id373185673?mt=8

For posting you can look though your Apple applications for a browser such as Opera which might be able to help.

Loading pics on WebMD:http://img.webmd.com/dtmcms/live/webmd/consumer_assets/site_images/exchange/media/Photo_Uploading_Guide_v3.pdf

Let me know if you need more help!

dwaw02 responded:
Alison,

Glad you are doing well, and that going BTW has been positive for you! Sounds like the twins are doing GREAT!
Angela (40), DS (5), DD born 7/18/10

ntherelng replied to dwaw02's response:
Sounds like things are going GREAT! Congrats! I can't believe he is 18 lbs at 4 months! That blows my mind as Nathan is now 6 months and like 14-15 lbs! I know Nate is small, but I didn't realize how small until I heard that.

So glad you guys are doing well!
Renee (38) DH (43) DS1 10/01/08, DS2 06/20/10 6 lb, 19.5 and so beautiful! Our Father's Day baby :-)

QueenOfStarWars replied to ntherelng's response:
Alison,
It's soooooo great to hear from you! Your twins are making such FANTASTIC progress! You GO momma!!!!

If work gives you that balance you need, then that's great! I hope it all goes well!!!! Sometimes we need to talk to adults!!! I was just posting on FB the other day that hubby went back to work after a vacation and now I'm back to talking to myself (or to the baby in baby-talk). LOL

Thank you so much for offering to share pics!!!!

{{{{hugs}}}} jeannie
Jeannie [Me (37); DH (41); DD 22mos (EDD 12/23/2008 but born at 33 wks on 11/9/2008); EDD for 2: 10/18/2010 Pink Team]

VicsEandJ responded:
Alsion,
Glad to hear that you and the twins are doing so well.

Time flies- I can't believe it's been 4 1/2 months already!!! My birthday is also August 12th, so I know your little ones will always be good kids- I tell my mom all the time that I was a dream child-never giving her any trouble! I also like to sleep a lot, so maybe its the date! LOL!!!

I'm glad you're enjoying getting back to work. I went back to work when DS was 4 months and DD was 5 months. I definitely think think they benefitted from me going back to work- they go to a great daycare and I really didn't like it when I wasn't working ( because 'working' is much easier than staying home with babies:-).

But I was home with them for 10 days during Christmas. It was the first time since I went back to work that I could take off that much time with them- and I must admit that I loved just being with them all day, day after day- but they are 2 and 3 /12 now and used to routine which makes things so much easier- the anything goes with newborns was hard on me- especially the lack of sleep.

Anyway, I can't wait to see pictures!

Take care,
Vickie

Spotlight: Member Stories

i want to get to have another child.... i am going through the start of the change and I am on Meds for it..... I have 2 kids already, but we want one...More

Helpful Tips

genetic testing and ultrasounds
to all 35+ moms, I was 38 when I received the fabulous news I was expecting, and 39 upon delivery. my blood work came back elevated and i ... More
Was this Helpful?
3 of 3 found this helpful

Helpful Resources

Be the first to post a Resource!

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.