Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Experiencing Hair Loss
chicago0672 posted:
I'm 38 yrs young and I'm pregnant with my third child, I have a 17 and 11 yr old. However I recently noticed that I have hair loss in one section of my head. Its not noticeable, but I know its there. Could it be stress or the pregnancy or just me doing my own hair...LOL?

QueenOfStarWars responded:
Chicago, That made me chuckle. But I'm not sure!!! I thought one of the "good" side effects of pregnancy was stronger, thicker hair (and nails).

Jeannie
Jeannie [Me (37); DH (41); DD 22mos (EDD 12/23/2008 but born at 33 wks on 11/9/2008); EDD for 2: 10/18/2010 Pink Team]

cheri320 responded:
Yes, I thought the hair and nail growth would work for me too, but not so much. My hair grows faster, but also seems to fall out faster - and it gets darker! The lovely things that PG does to our bodies, huh?

Good luck and hopefully its only a temporary side effect, but I would mention it to your dr anyway (and your hairdresser!)
Cheri (37) DH (40) DS (1/30/09) Baby 2 due 3/9/11!

QueenOfStarWars replied to cheri320's response:
Darker for sure! I was getting my hair done and didn't want hightlights in the winter. I asked her to dye it my natural color and it was almost black! I freaked out, but she said that all of her moms get darker after pregnancy. Sure enough, I missed my last appointment and can't find the difference between my natural and dyed hair! I woudn't go back except for those pesky grays!!!!
Jeannie [Me (37); DH (41); DD 22mos (EDD 12/23/2008 but born at 33 wks on 11/9/2008); EDD for 2: 10/18/2010 Pink Team]

ntherelng replied to QueenOfStarWars's response:
I had a lot of hairloss when I was pregnant, especially with #1. Didn't notice it so much with #2. Thankfully it went back to the normal amount after pregnancy!
Renee (38) DH (43) DS1 10/01/08, DS2 06/20/10 6 lb, 19.5 and so beautiful! Our Father's Day baby :-)

Spotlight: Member Stories

I have been married for 5 years and am still kinda undecided as to whether I want to have kids or not.I am almost 35.My husband does want to have kids...More

Helpful Tips

A few tips to start
If you?d like to find which board went to which Exchange, then check out Find Your Exchange . You can increase font size by pressing ... More
Was this Helpful?
13 of 28 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.