Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Experiencing Hair Loss
chicago0672 posted:
I'm 38 yrs young and I'm pregnant with my third child, I have a 17 and 11 yr old. However I recently noticed that I have hair loss in one section of my head. Its not noticeable, but I know its there. Could it be stress or the pregnancy or just me doing my own hair...LOL?

QueenOfStarWars responded:
Chicago, That made me chuckle. But I'm not sure!!! I thought one of the "good" side effects of pregnancy was stronger, thicker hair (and nails).

Jeannie
Jeannie [Me (37); DH (41); DD 22mos (EDD 12/23/2008 but born at 33 wks on 11/9/2008); EDD for 2: 10/18/2010 Pink Team]

cheri320 responded:
Yes, I thought the hair and nail growth would work for me too, but not so much. My hair grows faster, but also seems to fall out faster - and it gets darker! The lovely things that PG does to our bodies, huh?

Good luck and hopefully its only a temporary side effect, but I would mention it to your dr anyway (and your hairdresser!)
Cheri (37) DH (40) DS (1/30/09) Baby 2 due 3/9/11!

QueenOfStarWars replied to cheri320's response:
Darker for sure! I was getting my hair done and didn't want hightlights in the winter. I asked her to dye it my natural color and it was almost black! I freaked out, but she said that all of her moms get darker after pregnancy. Sure enough, I missed my last appointment and can't find the difference between my natural and dyed hair! I woudn't go back except for those pesky grays!!!!
Jeannie [Me (37); DH (41); DD 22mos (EDD 12/23/2008 but born at 33 wks on 11/9/2008); EDD for 2: 10/18/2010 Pink Team]

ntherelng replied to QueenOfStarWars's response:
I had a lot of hairloss when I was pregnant, especially with #1. Didn't notice it so much with #2. Thankfully it went back to the normal amount after pregnancy!
Renee (38) DH (43) DS1 10/01/08, DS2 06/20/10 6 lb, 19.5 and so beautiful! Our Father's Day baby :-)

Spotlight: Member Stories

Momma of 6 children, 3 beautiful girls ages, 20, 26, and 27 and 3 handsome boys ages, 21, 16, and 14. My 26 and 27 year old have finished college. My ...More

Helpful Tips

How to load photos on WebMD
WebMD has created a guide to assist you with loading your photos. Photo upload guide More
Was this Helpful?
7 of 15 found this helpful

Helpful Resources

Be the first to post a Resource!