Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
1st time pregnant 43yrs. old and having hard time sleeping
mamadube posted:
I have been having a hard time getting sleep toss and turn and was wondering if sleepytime tea was ok to take and glad to see there is a community for older moms. If there is anyone out there who is going through 1st time pregnancy it would be great to visit

cheri320 responded:
Unfortunately, the lack of sleep doesn't get much better, just becomes different reasons keeping you awake! Good luck to you. I don't know much about that tea - I guess its an herbal, decaffinated, right? If it works for you, I say go for it - almost anything in moderation will be OK. If you are really in doubt, double check with your OB.
Cheri (37) DH (40) DS (1/30/09) Baby 2 due 3/9/11!

Dyzkneegrl responded:
Like pp said I don't think it gets any better! If I'm not tossing and turning I have to get up to go to the bathroom...lol. I wonder how many years it will be before I get a goodnight sleep! I like the sleepytime tea too but someone told me not to drink it. Chamomile can make your uterus contract. I really don't know if its true but I figure why chance it. My doctor said if I am having trouble sleeping its okay to take a tylenol pm. I haven't taken it yet. Just don't really feel comfortable taking meds while I am preggo. Good luck to you!

mamadube replied to Dyzkneegrl's response:
Was able to get ahold of my ob and he said it was fine to drink so I have one cup and bedtime for me. That is till bathroom time wakes me. I am so excited and cannot wait till Mon. for our first sonogram.

Dyzkneegrl replied to mamadube's response:
Hey thats great news! I love sleepytime tea! I know what you mean about bathroom time waking you. I am in my 3rd tri. and I am back to getting up 2/3 times a night. ugh! Oh well wouldn't trade it! Hope your sono went well!

Spotlight: Member Stories

Wow! I'm back! Let's see I am NOT 42 anymore (though I was when I joined up to follow my pg!) I am now 46 - and will be turning 47 this year. ...More

Helpful Tips

A few tips to start
If you?d like to find which board went to which Exchange, then check out Find Your Exchange . You can increase font size by pressing ... More
Was this Helpful?
13 of 28 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.