Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
1st time pregnant 43yrs. old and having hard time sleeping
mamadube posted:
I have been having a hard time getting sleep toss and turn and was wondering if sleepytime tea was ok to take and glad to see there is a community for older moms. If there is anyone out there who is going through 1st time pregnancy it would be great to visit

cheri320 responded:
Unfortunately, the lack of sleep doesn't get much better, just becomes different reasons keeping you awake! Good luck to you. I don't know much about that tea - I guess its an herbal, decaffinated, right? If it works for you, I say go for it - almost anything in moderation will be OK. If you are really in doubt, double check with your OB.
Cheri (37) DH (40) DS (1/30/09) Baby 2 due 3/9/11!

Dyzkneegrl responded:
Like pp said I don't think it gets any better! If I'm not tossing and turning I have to get up to go to the bathroom...lol. I wonder how many years it will be before I get a goodnight sleep! I like the sleepytime tea too but someone told me not to drink it. Chamomile can make your uterus contract. I really don't know if its true but I figure why chance it. My doctor said if I am having trouble sleeping its okay to take a tylenol pm. I haven't taken it yet. Just don't really feel comfortable taking meds while I am preggo. Good luck to you!

mamadube replied to Dyzkneegrl's response:
Was able to get ahold of my ob and he said it was fine to drink so I have one cup and bedtime for me. That is till bathroom time wakes me. I am so excited and cannot wait till Mon. for our first sonogram.

Dyzkneegrl replied to mamadube's response:
Hey thats great news! I love sleepytime tea! I know what you mean about bathroom time waking you. I am in my 3rd tri. and I am back to getting up 2/3 times a night. ugh! Oh well wouldn't trade it! Hope your sono went well!

Spotlight: Member Stories

A little about me. My name is Teasa, I am 36 mother of 1 DS (16) currently pregnant with number 2 - EDD 10/15/11 (Expecting another little boy). This ...More

Helpful Tips

A few tips to start
If you?d like to find which board went to which Exchange, then check out Find Your Exchange . You can increase font size by pressing ... More
Was this Helpful?
13 of 28 found this helpful

Helpful Resources

Be the first to post a Resource!