Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
36 and trying to conceive
An_220452 posted:
Hi i am taking my temperature every day, i am now supposed to be fertile, these last 4 days i had: 98.8, 98.7, 98.3 and today 99.0, i did a fertility test and it is negative, do you think i don't ovulate or the test may be wrong and i should still try today? so confused:((

Take the Poll

pregnancy after 35
  • pregnancy after 35
  • pregnancy
  • fertility
vote
View Poll Results

phoenix31674 responded:
You need to remember that once you ovulate, it's too late to have sex. I found the best way to reduce stress and to ensure you had sperm waiting for ovulation was to DTD every 2-3 days. You don't want to do every day because it does give the sperm time to regroup. If you wonder if you are ovulating, it might be worth getting an ovulation predictor, but it's really easy to get stressed about tracking ovulation and that can prevent ovulation because your body detects the level of stress and determines it wouldn't be a good time for a baby.

Good luck to you.

Spotlight: Member Stories

My name is Yvette. I recently turned 40. I have an 18yr old son. I also recently got married to a GOOD Man....who totally changed my mind in having an...More

Helpful Tips

How to load photos on WebMD
WebMD has created a guide to assist you with loading your photos. Photo upload guide More
Was this Helpful?
7 of 15 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.