Skip to content
due date 5/22/11 breast pumps??
73nichole posted:
Helllo ladies...Im planning to breastfeed..im 37 with implants.... anyone out there that has breastfed with??and any suggestions on which pump>> please. any help.. on car seats too.. i just left a VERY bad relationship that was all broken promises ..i have 2 mths until she's due.. and feel like i wasted soooo much time...trying to fix something .. that was unfixable.. now focusing on the little girl growoing inside me. and boy o boy is she acitve.. and ANY suggestions for the ugly blue vieny spots on my legs??? thank -- u all for ur thoughts.... and I absolutely LOVE being preganant.........

Janna1016 responded:
Congratulations on your pregnancy! Sorry to hear about your relationship but it sounds like you have a really great attitude about moving forward with your little girl.

As far as your questions go--I can't speak to breastfeeding with implants, but I definitely recommend that you get a good double electric pump. Don't bother with the single pumps and don't bother with cheap pumps. I have a Medela Pump in Style that has lasted me through 4 pregnancies. I work full-time, so my pump definitely gets a workout! I would consult your OB about your implant question. Hopefully they won't interfere.

Good luck with everything and keep focusing on the positive!
Janna(41), DH(41), DS(13), DD(10), DD(5), DD born 11/8/10

QueenOfStarWars replied to Janna1016's response:
Congrats on your pregnancy and I hope things will go easier for you now....

I agree... Don't cheap out on a pump if you are going to pump. I also have a Modela double-electric pump (guess it's the In-Style as well).

My sister-in-law has implants (under the muscle) and breastfed.

Some questions you will need to ask the doc. I got some veiny spots this time as well (doc pointed them out to me as well). Some faded, some are there (I'm 4 mos post-partum).

Car seats... well, just check online for the latest comparisons. We started with a travel stroller where the seat doubles as the car seat. Then we moved to a 5-pt harness seat that we got from Costco once she could get out of the little bucket seat.
Jeannie [Me (37); DH (41); DD 22mos (EDD 12/23/2008 but born at 33 wks on 11/9/2008); EDD for 2: 10/18/2010 Pink Team]

Guinnessstout responded:
I have the Medela Pump in Style as well. I've heard good things about the Ameda Purely Yours also. I work full time and am 7 months post baby and all is going well. My health insurance paid for 100% of my pump, so check with your insurer. They may cover it. The only downside was that I didn't have a choice regarding the pump but I haven't had any complaints yet.

I'm sorry, I don't have any advice about the implants or veins.

Congrats and good luck!
-- Amanda (35) 1st LO, Einin, born 8/9/10

Spotlight: Member Stories

Nevaeh Shanea Born 2/24/10 2lbs 14oz 14 3/4in long. She's 11 weeks early but has been breathing on her own since about 6hrs after birth. She's...More

Helpful Tips

How to load photos on WebMD
WebMD has created a guide to assist you with loading your photos. Photo upload guide More
Was this Helpful?
7 of 15 found this helpful

Helpful Resources

Be the first to post a Resource!

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.