Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
due date 5/22/11 breast pumps??
73nichole posted:
Helllo ladies...Im planning to breastfeed..im 37 with implants.... anyone out there that has breastfed with??and any suggestions on which pump>> please. any help.. on car seats too.. i just left a VERY bad relationship that was all broken promises ..i have 2 mths until she's due.. and feel like i wasted soooo much time...trying to fix something .. that was unfixable.. now focusing on the little girl growoing inside me. and boy o boy is she acitve.. and ANY suggestions for the ugly blue vieny spots on my legs??? thank -- u all for ur thoughts.... and I absolutely LOVE being preganant.........

Janna1016 responded:
Congratulations on your pregnancy! Sorry to hear about your relationship but it sounds like you have a really great attitude about moving forward with your little girl.

As far as your questions go--I can't speak to breastfeeding with implants, but I definitely recommend that you get a good double electric pump. Don't bother with the single pumps and don't bother with cheap pumps. I have a Medela Pump in Style that has lasted me through 4 pregnancies. I work full-time, so my pump definitely gets a workout! I would consult your OB about your implant question. Hopefully they won't interfere.

Good luck with everything and keep focusing on the positive!
Janna(41), DH(41), DS(13), DD(10), DD(5), DD born 11/8/10

QueenOfStarWars replied to Janna1016's response:
Congrats on your pregnancy and I hope things will go easier for you now....

I agree... Don't cheap out on a pump if you are going to pump. I also have a Modela double-electric pump (guess it's the In-Style as well).

My sister-in-law has implants (under the muscle) and breastfed.

Some questions you will need to ask the doc. I got some veiny spots this time as well (doc pointed them out to me as well). Some faded, some are there (I'm 4 mos post-partum).

Car seats... well, just check online for the latest comparisons. We started with a travel stroller where the seat doubles as the car seat. Then we moved to a 5-pt harness seat that we got from Costco once she could get out of the little bucket seat.
Jeannie [Me (37); DH (41); DD 22mos (EDD 12/23/2008 but born at 33 wks on 11/9/2008); EDD for 2: 10/18/2010 Pink Team]

Guinnessstout responded:
I have the Medela Pump in Style as well. I've heard good things about the Ameda Purely Yours also. I work full time and am 7 months post baby and all is going well. My health insurance paid for 100% of my pump, so check with your insurer. They may cover it. The only downside was that I didn't have a choice regarding the pump but I haven't had any complaints yet.

I'm sorry, I don't have any advice about the implants or veins.

Congrats and good luck!
-- Amanda (35) 1st LO, Einin, born 8/9/10

Spotlight: Member Stories

I am a mother of two teenage boys ages 18 and 16 from my previous marriage. I am pregnant with my child at the age of 39 years old. The father is 44 y...More

Helpful Tips

genetic testing and ultrasounds
to all 35+ moms, I was 38 when I received the fabulous news I was expecting, and 39 upon delivery. my blood work came back elevated and i ... More
Was this Helpful?
2 of 2 found this helpful