Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Pregnant after Vasectomy?
lelila02 posted:
Hello! Some of you may remember me from the boards 5 or so years ago when my DS was born. After kidney cancer, DH and I decided DH should have a vasectomy since having more children was too great a risk for me. However, my remaining kidney is healthy and my blood levels have been normal for 3 years now. I have clearance to have another baby and approaching 38 yrs old, we are thinking of reversing the vasectomy and trying while the chances of a healthy pregnancy are still good.

Anyone have experience with this?

jona187 responded:
Congrats on the news!!!

What type of cancer did you have?

This is great news as my wife and I have gone through something similar. She was diagnosis with kidney cancer during our first pregnancy and we are dealing with the motions....this is great news for yourself as well as us. I wish you the best!!!!

Could you share more info about your five year journey as we just found out she has cancer this April and gave birth to our first new born child? Anything would be appreciated.

phoenix31674 responded:
My half-sister was born after my father had his vasectomy reversed. Your DH will need to consult with a urologist who specializes in reversals to find out his particular chances. Because of your age, you will want to do that sooner rather than later since your fertility is declining rapidly if you decide to move forward.

Best of luck to you.

Spotlight: Member Stories

The story I need to tell is the one about fighting infertility, through the two miscarriages and finally the light at the end of a long, dark tunnel-t...More

Helpful Tips

How to load photos on WebMD
WebMD has created a guide to assist you with loading your photos. Photo upload guide More
Was this Helpful?
7 of 15 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.