Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
41 with missed period.
kari69 posted:
Hi and congratulations to all of you!

I used to be a member way back on this board way before the format changes lol, went through my TTC issues and pregnancies on here..I just had a question, I am 5 days late, never late, took a dollar tree test this morning but not with FMU and got a BFN are those tests really accurate? I'm thinking to wait a few days and test again, however, no pregnancy symptoms, so I don't think I am, btw, not trying to have a baby, I have two girls 11 and 7, but if I was it would be a nice surprise

QueenOfStarWars responded:
Hi there. I started on the board in July 2008, so maybe we've crossed paths.

I know I tested too early with #2. I think maybe wait and try again....

WHO KNOWS
Jeannie [Me (37); DH (41); DD 22mos (EDD 12/23/2008 but born at 33 wks on 11/9/2008); EDD for 2: 10/18/2010 Pink Team]

kari69 replied to QueenOfStarWars's response:
we may have crossed paths!

well I tested negative with three home pregnancy tests, still no period, will be seeing my doctor soon though, I think I may be in the beginning stages of perimenopause

thanks for your response!

Janna1016 replied to kari69's response:
I used a Dollar Tree test with my most recent pregnancy and it was accurate. I was TTC for a while, and also used one when I thought I might be pregnant but wasn't. It was accurate then too.

I am now 41 also and even though I just had a baby and I'm still nursing I wonder if perimenopause is around the corner for me. My mom started menopause early and my sister is fully through it at age 43. I haven't noticed any symptoms yet, other than I'm getting forgetful at times. That could be explained by sleep deprivation also...

Good luck at the doctor. Keep us posted!
Janna(41), DH(41), DS(13), DD(10), DD(5), DD born 11/8/10

Spotlight: Member Stories

I am 40 years old and very happy to be expecting #4! I work full-time and my DH is home with the kids. The older kids are active in various activities...More

Helpful Tips

genetic testing and ultrasounds
to all 35+ moms, I was 38 when I received the fabulous news I was expecting, and 39 upon delivery. my blood work came back elevated and i ... More
Was this Helpful?
3 of 3 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.