Skip to content
Need help with some symptoms
ArtieA posted:
Hello. 38 yoa female is 3 months along and has gained 10 pounds. Has pain under her ribs and it helps when she lays down. She does not think it is heartburn. Has anyone exerienced this? Is this something to talk to the Doc about?

QueenOfStarWars responded:
I have - in BOTH pregnancies. Oh, and once it started hurting, it hurt the rest of the pregnancy. Not every second of every day, but every day. It felt better when I could take a bath, stretch a different way, etc, but it was one of the most annoying, uncomfortable issues I had.

My doctor called it a "hot spot" where the muscle was being stretched. I noticed it sometime in my fouth month in the first pregnancy (probably closer to 5 months) and then noticed it again in my second pregnancy (but can't remember when).
Jeannie [Me (37); DH (41); DD 22mos (EDD 12/23/2008 but born at 33 wks on 11/9/2008); EDD for 2: 10/18/2010 Pink Team]

kbjoe replied to QueenOfStarWars's response:
I too have this feeling. I experienced it a little bit in my first pregnancy, not sure when it started but it wasn't bad. Dr. told me the same thing about muscles stretching to accomodate the growing baby. This time it is worse. My "Hot Spot" is on the right side high on my rib cage mostly. I have felt it every day for the last week. I am hoping it will soon stop. Does not hurt all day everyday but yes it hurts everyday. I guess this is just another one of the many joys of pregnancy.

Spotlight: Member Stories

Ann 37yr turning 38 in 3wk. DH 37yr Married Sept. 09. DS 19yr &14yr 1st marriage DSS 17yr. Lost a baby boy Oct. 95 due to trisomy. My DH misscarri...More

Helpful Tips

A few tips to start
If you?d like to find which board went to which Exchange, then check out Find Your Exchange . You can increase font size by pressing ... More
Was this Helpful?
13 of 28 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.