Skip to content
hi there!
critty000 posted:
hello- Excited to be joining you ladies! I got my BFP today! I'm 38, I had an early m/c about a year ago, and I have 2 beautiful little girls ages 6 and 4. :)

VicsEandJ responded:
Congratulations- I lurk here ( I was over 35 when I had my two) but am not stalking you! ;-)

Have a happy and healthy 9 months!

Vickie

critty000 replied to VicsEandJ's response:
Hey Vickie! No worries :) I'm glad to be noticed. My first appointment is not until may 12 (forever!) I'll probably be more chatty about it after that. I didn't check this board for a while since I saw the tumble weeds blowing through.

VicsEandJ replied to critty000's response:
I like to check in because I loved this board when I was pregnant- though I was mostly a lurker too chicken to post!

It's a shame that there is so much less traffic here now. Sadly I am not willing to do much about it :-). 2 is my limit but I like reading about other people's experiences as old mom's ( as my mom calls it!)

Maybe spring will get more people in the procreating mood and liven the Baord up!

Hopefully the next couple of weeks will go by fast for you! :-)

QueenOfStarWars replied to VicsEandJ's response:
Congrats, Critty!!!!

I hear you Vickie. When the format changed, that was a major blow :(

Hopefully the new ladies will help keep the support going stronger every day :)
Jeannie [Me (38); DH (41); DD 2 yrs 5 mos (EDD 12/23/2008 but born at 33 wks on 11/9/2008); DD 6 mos (EDD 10/18/2010 and born on 10/12/2010)]

lbean1975 responded:
Congrats to you critty000. I joined in 2008 but did not post and could be considered "a lurker" as VicsEandJ puts it, LOL. I didn't post because I suffered a MC that year and another in 2010 and didn't think to reach out for support. I am happy to be hear now. I am PG with my 2nd child. I am 16 wks 4 days along and thankful to be progressing so well. Good luck on your journey! :)

critty000 replied to lbean1975's response:
thank you and congratulations to you as well :) I'm glad to hear you are doing well at 16 weeks :)

How old is your first?

this morning I had my first bit of morning sickness. I think I drank too much water, too fast. My girls were all worried about me- it was cute. The 4 year old dragged a chair into the kitchen and climbed up on the counter to get at some medicine for me. LOL, I keep it up there so that they can't get at them and there she was doing some acrobatics trying to help me. Not sure what she was planning to prescribe for vomiting. dangerous, but sweet.

critty000 replied to QueenOfStarWars's response:
and thanks Jeannie, too :) and Vickie- I'm not buying for a minute that you were "too chicken" for anything.

lbean1975 replied to critty000's response:
Hi there critty000 , my oldest is 16 his name is Manuel, he's my profile pic (Yes I'm starting over but I had him young) I've ALWAYS wanted more children and I did want to give my son a playmate but circumstances led me down a different path. Luckily he has a step brother that is 4 years younger and they're pretty close, and my son is SUPER excited about his future brother or sister :) I read you have 2 little ones, your hands are full I'm sure :) Oh what fun, right!! ;)

Spotlight: Member Stories

I am 40 years old and very happy to be expecting #4! I work full-time and my DH is home with the kids. The older kids are active in various activities...More

Helpful Tips

A few tips to start
If you?d like to find which board went to which Exchange, then check out Find Your Exchange . You can increase font size by pressing ... More
Was this Helpful?
13 of 28 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.