Skip to content
Progesterone Level Drop!
JMarie_10 posted:
I am 8 weeks 4 days today. I had an ultrasound and progesterone blood work today. The ultrasound that the baby looked great (heart beat and movement). The nurse called this afternoon and said that my progesterone level was 23.8 (the nurse said 25 and higher is where it should be). Last week the level was 45.9. She told me to increase my vaginal progesterone dose to twice a day (400 mg). I am really scared. Has anyone had a significant drop in progesterone level and everything was ok? This is my first pregnancy- so I am a ball of nerves anyway.

Ligeress2 responded:
The same thing happened to me today... on 4/29/11 my progesterone was 52, now the results of 5/04/11 show that my progesterone is 38... We had a heartbeat at 7 weeks, and are due to take another ultrasound at 9 1/2 weeks...

My progesterone levels still showed some rising from 161,330 to 239,323 5 days later, but these are not doubling HCG levels... Im worried and also a ball of nerves :-(

mattdamonishot responded:
Lurking..... i think it is supposed to drop as you get further along in your pregnancy. It is high enough for both of you where I wouldn't worry too much about it (I know easier said than done)

Congrats to you both ladies!!!!!!!!

mattdamonishot responded:
Lurking..... i beleive that progesterone deos drop as you get further along in yoru pregnancy. i think both of your numbers are good at this point.

Congrats to you guys!!!!!!!!

JMarie_10 replied to mattdamonishot's response:
Thank you so much for the information (and encouragement)!!. I haven't been posting in several weeks. I am now 12 weeks and everything is just fine.

tldye519 replied to JMarie_10's response:
My Dr said last week (1st appt) that at 16 weeks on im going to be needing progesterone shots every week untill we deliver i have never had to do that before can i get some info please

tldye519 replied to tldye519's response:
The Makena shots are to prevent preterm labor

Spotlight: Member Stories

i want to get to have another child.... i am going through the start of the change and I am on Meds for it..... I have 2 kids already, but we want one...More

Helpful Tips

genetic testing and ultrasounds
to all 35+ moms, I was 38 when I received the fabulous news I was expecting, and 39 upon delivery. my blood work came back elevated and i ... More
Was this Helpful?
3 of 3 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.