Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
age 35 an 16 weeks pregnant
klee33 posted:
results of my blood results went well except for one test that came back negative. My blood work showed less than 2% my fetus may have down syndrome. Have anyone had a results with this percent rate, is this something I should be concern about, or am I being worried for nothing.?

phoenix31674 responded:
That is a very low probability so you are probably worrying for nothing. I honestly never asked what the blood results were for either pregnancy. I assume it was low because it was never brought up. Then again, it wouldn't have made a difference for us, so I had no motivation to ask.

klee33 replied to phoenix31674's response:
today we did the ultrasound everything went great, baby looks good we saw no signs of markers on the ultrasound, Dr. said baby looks 98% normal. my protein levels are slightly high but nothing to worry about. Now we have have 2 weeks to decide on getting an amnio syntesis or not, just to be on the safe side with the protein levels an there is no signs of down syndrome.

phoenix31674 replied to klee33's response:
That's great news. With those numbers, if it were me I would not do the amnio. Of course I knew that for me even if we had markers or anything that I would not do the amnio or CVS. Even though the risk of miscarriage is low, I knew I would be devastated if I was that 1 in 1000 or 100 depending on procedure - especially if the results were normal. But it's a very personal decision. For some women the needed peace of mind is worth the risk, which is pretty small.

QueenOfStarWars replied to phoenix31674's response:
klee33 - sound great! Good luck in your decision. I never did any testing for either pregnancy (both after 35), but that's just me. At least you have some time to figure out how you want to proceed.

Congrats on a good appt!!!
Jeannie (38); DH (41); DD 1 - EDD 12/23/2008 but born at 33 wks on 11/9/2008 DD 2 - EDD 10/18/2010 and born on 10/12/2010

Spotlight: Member Stories

Im 38 recently devorced and met a great man. I have 5 kids and he has 3 and what a wonderful life, if this is love then I love it. He makes me so happ...More

Helpful Tips

How to load photos on WebMD
WebMD has created a guide to assist you with loading your photos. Photo upload guide More
Was this Helpful?
7 of 15 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.