Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Integrated Screen w/o NT Scan?
918kia posted:
Hello, all. I'm 37 and will be 38 when I give birth. I'm currently 11 wks.5 days. At my last appointment, I had the first of two blood tests for the integrated screen. I asked my doctor about the NT scan, but he said that the results of the 2 blood tests (in 1st and 2nd trimester) are combined with the age factor, they are just as accurate as if the NT scan is done. But I've read otherwise in my books, including WTE..

Has anyone ever just had the 2 blood tests w/o the NT scan? I'm really nervous about all this. I won't even get any results until AFTER the 2nd blood draw. I do have a Level II ultrasound appointment set up for August.

Thanks for any help you might be able to provide!

EDD 12/23/11

cyberkat99 responded:
That is odd, especially since the NT scan has to be done between 11 to 14 weeks. I had it done as part of the routine testing, but I didn't have the evasive testing done since everything was looking good. I was 35 when I got pregnant btw. If I were you, just for my own peace of mind, I would ask that the NT scan be done. You need to bring these concerns to your doctor so he can set your mind at ease.

Spotlight: Member Stories

I'm 36 and already have a great 11yr old daughter. Plus a wonderful great Hubby that I love a lot.

Helpful Tips

How to load photos on WebMD
WebMD has created a guide to assist you with loading your photos. Photo upload guide More
Was this Helpful?
7 of 15 found this helpful

Helpful Resources

Be the first to post a Resource!

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.