Skip to content
43 and pregnant
MEMoore30 posted:
I 43 years and this is my first pregnancy. I'm 7 3/7 weeks and I think I more nervous than anything. I will be two weeks away from my 44 birthday when the baby is born. Can someone in this age group share their pregnancy and labor stories with me. I'm scared out of my mind that the baby won't be healthy or I will have a bad pregnancy. Actually I've havent had any morning sickness at all. I am a little tired but no other symptoms except the sore and swollen breasts!

rss74 responded:
Congratulations!
About your concerns - everybody has a different pregnancy and labor story, and every pregnancy is different. I am 37 and now 23 weeks along with #2. This pregnancy has been different. One good thing about a first pregnancy is that you can take that nap or that nice long soak in the tub whenever you want. (When you have a 2 year old running around saying, "Mommy, uppies", your relaxation time is limited and different.)
One thing that overwhelmed me was the variety of testing options available to "AMA" future moms. But read up, and be an educated consumer on the tests. There isn't a right answer for everyone. We opted for CVS (travs-cervical) both times, and I am happy and comfortable in that decision, but I know that it's not the right answer for everyone. Get in to your doctor ASAP for a dating and viability ultrasound, if you are opting for early testing.
The worries don't really end, even when the baby is born, but it is completely worth it to have an amazing little person join your life!
Good luck - hope you have a happy and healthy pregnancy.
- Rachel (37) DH (38) DS born 9/15/2009, EDD 11/30/2011 (Pink Team)

Spotlight: Member Stories

Im 38 recently devorced and met a great man. I have 5 kids and he has 3 and what a wonderful life, if this is love then I love it. He makes me so happ...More

Helpful Tips

genetic testing and ultrasounds
to all 35+ moms, I was 38 when I received the fabulous news I was expecting, and 39 upon delivery. my blood work came back elevated and i ... More
Was this Helpful?
3 of 3 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.