Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
40 and pregnant with baby no. 3
clairemariebelle posted:
Hi all! I just found out that I am pregnant and have not told anyone yet, except you all now. I have not told hubby yet. I am unsure how to tell him. I know this sounds crazy but we have had alot going on in our lives or he has. He has been busy studying and testing for his job and has been very stressed over it. I did not want to add to his stress so when I found out I was PG, ( I peed on a stick) I have not told him and now don't know how to tell. I have been really sick, and we have a 2 yr old and an almost 11 month old now. I stay at home with them and hubby works long hours so he has not been home long enough with me to notice my symptoms. I want to tell him but am perplexed as to how to say it. How have you told your significant others?
We were not planning another, but we were not preventing it either so it is not gonna be a big surprise or anything. My other concern is family and friends. I am not so sure they will be happy, so I have mixed feelings about how to annouce it with them as well. I am approximately 7 to 8 weeks along. I am gonna schedule a Dr's appt soon. I have miscarried in the past around 8 to 10 weeks so I am anxious over that as well, as to why I have not scheduled my Dr's appt yet. I guess I needed to get it off my chest and let someone know, so now maybe I can tell my inner circle. Thanks for letting me annouce to you ladies and any advice you could lend me I would appreciate.

Thanks,

QueenOfStarWars responded:
CONGRATULATIONS!!!!

Tell your hubby. If you were on a "whatever happens" basis, then this can be happy news. When I found out I was pregnant with #2, I just got him a congratulations card with a cigar in it. I wasn't sure what words to say :)

As for friends and other family members, they will be all smiles when they see that new baby :)

I hope all goes well and that you surpass that Week 10 milestone!

Jeannie
Jeannie (38); DH (41); DD 1 - EDD 12/23/2008 but born at 33 wks on 11/9/2008 DD 2 - EDD 10/18/2010 and born on 10/12/2010

mrsjmsr responded:
Im not supposed to be on this board but i saw your post and had to respond. I told my husband by leaving the prego test out for him to see. lol. I would suggest having a dinner party and announcing it to your family and friends then. I also wouldnt worry about what they think. Everyone will be happy after the intial shock. Our kids are 19mos apart and when i announced #2, i thought that everyone was gonna be upset that i have prego again. I was wrong. Everyone was fine with it and even more excited when we found out that it was a boy (the first was a girl). My son just turned 1 and we are deciding whether to have another.

But dont be worried. Be happy and your husband will be happy too. Plus you dont need that the stress ..... given your previous m/c. GOOD LUCK!!!

clairemariebelle replied to mrsjmsr's response:
Thanks Ladies! I went ahead and told hubby. He is laid back and likes to joke around alot so the joke right now is I am going through Menopause (not really PG) So he is passing my symptoms off on that excuse. I really did go or try to begin menopause a couple of years back so not far off....but anyways. Thanks for the encouragement. I needed to get it off my mind so to say so I could tell hubby.
I am going to take my prenatals and try to eat what I can or should till I am past the 8 to 9 week mark then make the appt with the Dr. That will be in the next two weeks so I will update then and post my due date. Happy and Healthy Pregnancies to all!

rss74 responded:
Just an opinion - hubby and I waited until about 12 weeks both this and last pregnancies to tell most of the relations. We wanted to wait until that point, just in case (despite not having a history of miscarriage.)
With two LOs, you already know that the love doesn't divide, it multiplies!
Wishing you happiness and health-
Rachel
- Rachel (37) DH (38) DS born 9/15/2009, EDD 11/30/2011 (Pink Team)

clairemariebelle replied to rss74's response:
I agree Rachel, we are wating a bit before telling anyone else....that is if my ALL DAY sickness does not give it away before then. My MIL comes over quite a bit to help out with the two we have and I have had a hard time hiding the sickness from her. I think I have hid it well so far, but who knows...I think Hubby is still kind of in shock and I sort of feel that way too, like am I really? But this sickness is such a tell tell sign LOL!!
See last time I became Pregnant with Daughter # 2 9 months after # 1 several of my family kept asking why? and Don't you know how to prevent that? and It was not in a really in a funny tone. So I know I will get talked about again because no one else around me and around my age is even interested in babies....the ones they have had are all grown up so Hubby and I are the only ones with babies in our families. He gets riddled alot too from his side he is 46 this year....
We (hubby and I ) talked about this before we got married, we want children and we are ready to spend out lives raising children now that we are older and more settled. I really don't care what others think but that does not mean that it doesn't hurt when you hear the mean words they say.
THanks for listening!
Hugs

Spotlight: Member Stories

I'm 36 and already have a great 11yr old daughter. Plus a wonderful great Hubby that I love a lot.

Helpful Tips

A few tips to start
If you?d like to find which board went to which Exchange, then check out Find Your Exchange . You can increase font size by pressing ... More
Was this Helpful?
13 of 28 found this helpful

Helpful Resources

Be the first to post a Resource!

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.