Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Blocked Fallopian tubes
Anon_235040 posted:
Hello, first time on here and was just looking for some reassurance. My husband and I have been talking about having another child and recently have found out the one of my tubes is blocked. I am so lost right now as to what I should do, we had got a second opinion from a fertility doctor that stated we could have this fixed surgically if we really wanted to but I feel as I am tempting fate. Please if anyone had been in this position let me know if you have had the surgery and what it was like.

beautifuloneilove responded:
Hi, I will pray for you and your husband. I am 41, and about a year ago I had en ectopic pregnancy. I felt devastated, we were told with one tube we could still get pregnant. When I decided to just accept that I couldn't get preg anymore we bought a puppy. Next i find out I was prego:) My point being is just relax, let go and let God. never give up hope! God Bless~

lovie2009 replied to beautifuloneilove's response:
Thank you so much, I think in my heart I just want to try with the one tube. I feel as if it is meant to be it will happen with one, otherwise I feel like I am tempting fate and that worries me. Glad to hear things worked out so well for you, congratulations. Hope all is well.

lovie2009 replied to beautifuloneilove's response:
Thank you for your kind words. I think I have decided that I am going to just try with one and see what happens, thinking if it is meant to be it will happen with one. Otherwise I feel as though if I have the surgery done I am tempting fate and that worries me. Glad to hear everything workerd out for you and hope all is well.

halo2971 responded:
Hello - I am 40, and currently have no children. I was also diagnosed with having a block fallopian tube. Mine was on my left. the thought was initially it is block oor i had a spasm during the procedure during on of my diagnostic tests. My other tests showed that I had 6 follicles (3 on each side), and I had just turned 40.

After deep thought and prayer over the recommendations from the consult dr. I decided to go throught with the procedure. I thought I didn't have anything to loose at this point.I know the timefame that I built in for trying to have a biological child.

I had the procedure in July ( which was not invasive for me), August was the month that I had IUI, and I am currently on my 2 week waiting period and should know if anything takes on Tues. If this doesn't work 1-2 times, I am not sure that I will consider IVF due to time, cost and other variables. But I am being open to evaluate each step and result throughout process.

I wish you luck! Every decision is very personal and I wish you the best in making the best decision that you are comfortable with.

lovie2009 replied to halo2971's response:
Thank you and good luck to you!! I had gone for another appt today and he would want to remove the tube but there are possible complications with that as well. After my last child I ended up back in the hosptial 2 wks after I was home do to a infection after my c-section, had to be put on iv antibiotics for a month so I am very nervous about any surgery at this point. He did state that it could be done on a friday and back to work on monday if all goes well. Thinking maybe I should try and see if it happens well I am broken and if not then maybe consider it before the window of opportunity closes. Best of like and I hope you get great news, keep me posted!!

Spotlight: Member Stories

I actually joined the boards in July of 2008 when I found out I was (17 1/2 wks) pregnant with my first. She was born on November 9, 2008 (at 33 wks)....More

Helpful Tips

genetic testing and ultrasounds
to all 35+ moms, I was 38 when I received the fabulous news I was expecting, and 39 upon delivery. my blood work came back elevated and i ... More
Was this Helpful?
3 of 3 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.