Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Keeping my fingers crossed
agwhit posted:
38 1/2 and keeping my fingers crossed right now! I'm somewhat irregular on my days so I'm giving myself a couple more days before I test. I feel like I've been flowing for three days (you know that "feeling") when there's been just the lightest of spotting (more like a slight discoloration) which normally happens for a few days before or nothing at all. Felt crampy for almost a week now and those usually only occur during my period or a couple hours before. We've been TTC for some time now and I've just gotten so frustrated with it that I hope my body isn't just messing with me. I haven't had much of an appetite for a few weeks now especially since I had the flu during the last two days of my last cycle. I just keep praying!

heartversushead responded:
Best of luck to you! I turn 38 this month and got off BCP around this time last year. Due to work and well, the craziness of life, we've not actually tried yet. All my friends are having babies, and last month I thought I had some baby dust bless me! alas, I just wanted it so bad that AF slapped me in the face ever so rudely, a day early. It was very light, but lasted the normal amount of time. There was more brown blood and maybe 1 clot the whole time, so I was still hopeful. 1 light test 2 days before AF arrived got me so excited, so when she came I was so disappointed! I tested 2 more times and got - But because of that disappointment, now I know how much I want a baby for sure, so hoping my age isn't going to keep me from reaching that goal! Please post updates and baby dust and best wishes for you!

agwhit replied to heartversushead's response:
Well. The test was a BFN. Running late again but not testing until at least Sunday. Waiting even a little longer this time. So far this is the longest between but I'm not getting my hopes up just yet. Would make a nice Christmas present though!

Spotlight: Member Stories

After years of the Doctors telling me I wouldn't have a baby due to female troubles and since 2001 my diabetes. I had a surprise baby 5/24/2009. I...More

Helpful Tips

How to load photos on WebMD
WebMD has created a guide to assist you with loading your photos. Photo upload guide More
Was this Helpful?
7 of 15 found this helpful

Helpful Resources

Be the first to post a Resource!

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.