Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Pregnant at 38 with my first and overweight
An_241487 posted:
I am 15 weeks pregnant with my first and due 05/03/12. I am overweight and not showing yet and was wondering when I can expect to start showing?

phoenix31674 responded:
Each woman is different. It depends on how your uterus is positioned. Some normal weight women show very early, but others it's not until quite late in pregnancy. Being overweight means it may take longer to show and it may depend on how overweight you are.

So there short answer is that no one can really tell you. With my first I was wearing regular clothes no problem until about 22 weeks. Same with my second though there was some bulging out a little earlier.

orin34 replied to phoenix31674's response:
I agree with PP, every woman is different. When I was pregnant with my son I didn't show until the very END... I was bummed

Spotlight: Member Stories

I am 41 and have no previous children. I am a "late-bloomer", marrying for the first time just last October at 40. I got pregnant last Dec. ...More

Helpful Tips

How to load photos on WebMD
WebMD has created a guide to assist you with loading your photos. Photo upload guide More
Was this Helpful?
7 of 15 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.