Skip to content
Could I be pregnant.
jcbjal posted:
I am 35 years old and have a 7 year old son. My husband and I had sex 3 times during the week when I was due to ovulate. A week and half later I began vomitting and ever since have been nauseous. This also comes along witha high intensity to smells and food adversions but 3 days before my normal period was to start I began spotting pinkish-brown the next day bright red (as if I cut myself) then back to pinkish brown for 3 more days. This is unlike my normal period where I have clotting. Do you think I could be pregnant?

heartversushead responded:
I had something similar happen to me in Oct last year. Following month, just had the light pinkish-brown stuff, so when it was over, went to the Dr. She said Oct sounded like a missed implantation and told me to just relax and take a mini vacation over a weekend or something if need be. We weren't actively trying at the time. Then in Dec we found out we are expecting! So, see how things are next month, if AF is a no show, take a HPT, and either way, you may want to go see your OB/GYN if things aren't what you're used to as "normal" next month. Good Luck and keep us posted!

jcbjal replied to heartversushead's response:
Thank you so much for your reply. I am pregnant but apparently I conceived in December not this month above. I am 15 weeks now. I am so excited! Thank you again for your post!!!

heartversushead replied to jcbjal's response:
Congrats! I will be 15 wks on Weds, the 7th!
How have you been feeling?

Thank you too!!! How exciting for you as well! I have been really nauseous with this pregnancy unlike with my son but then again that was almost 8 years ago. How are you feeling? Do you want to know what you are having? I am dying to know!!

I had some very mild queasiness in the very beginning, but that was it. Never had any full on nausea. My workouts in the first trimester started off good and then I was overcome with lack of energy, so it dwindled a bit. Now that I'm in the 2nd Trimester, energy has returned and the feeling I have once I'm done working out is amazing! I go back in 4 wks for the anatomy scan, and you know, as much as I've been looking forward to finding out if we are team blue or team pink, more and more I've also been wanting to know how big my LO is and projected to be on the big day! When do you go in to find out about yours?

I go April 10th!! So keep me posted what team you are on too I wish I was able to work out the 1st trimester but it was awful for me. I am starting to feel myself again which is great - I started doing yoga again and walking on my treadmill. I want to stay on track this time around

Oh yay! Will do!
Yeah, I alternate yoga on days I'm not doing a modified circuit routine, and I'm really enjoying it! I have an elliptical I use, but as I get bigger, I'll likely switch to the stationary bike. For now, I'm doing as much as I safely can! Among the many benefits for the baby, I'm pretty keen on the one I've read that says babies born of Mommies who workout through pregnancy sleep through the night longer!

Really??? I am really going to get back into my rountine then. Ahh to have a baby sleep through the night Thanks for tip!

Well I'm hoping it proves to be true, but I feel awesome after a workout, and I know it's good for both me and the baby, so I will continue to do it for as long as my body allows!

heartversushead replied to heartversushead's response:
Well, we found out we are having a girl! I would say "little girl" but at 20 wks she's already 12 oz! lol She is my first, so finally starting to feel her movements has been really amazing!

Thats terrific! Congratulations. I am having another boy My husband and son are so excited... I am completely out numbered. LOL How are you feeling other wise?

Thanks! And Congrats to you and your growing Family as well!
I'm really enjoying feeling her move and being able to tell the difference in punches, kicks, and her rolling over. It's been quite the experience! My lower back, if I'm particularly busy in a given day, requires I take it easy the following day, but it's not too bad...just lets me know I have to adjust to certain things. My energy is pretty good, though last week there was a day I found myself taking long naps most of the day! Haven't been THAT tired since my 1st Trimester! But for the most part, my energy has actually been quite good! How about you, how have you been feeling?

I was sick up until 14 weeks then I began to feel better. Its been hit or miss though. One day I have so much energy and then there are days where I am very tired and just want to relax in bed. I am not sure if my age has something to do with it or not. I totally agree with you, there is nothing like feeling the kicks and movements from the baby it reminds me that no matter how sick I feel its so worth it.

I hear you on the energy thing. When mine's good, I workout and feel GREAT! But the next day, I may only manage routine stuff around the house and pass out in my chair for a few hours! I wake up wondering where my day went, but I guess if I'm that tired, my body must need it? Hubby is looking forward to when HE will be able to feel some of the kicks and punches I've been getting to enjoy lately, but I assure him the times that little Miss is moving around when he starts talking...like she recognizes his voice. I'm noticing she's more active in the day and then maybe for 5-10 mins around 11pm. But mostly, when I get out of bed, she's already been moving for a little while, or else starts to as soon as I'm up. And again late morning, and earlier in the afternoons. I'm not getting my hopes up, but would it ever be awesome if she kept that schedule OUT of the womb! lol

Spotlight: Member Stories

Hola. I am 40 years old and pregnant with my third child. DH is 39 and have a DD age 10 and DD age 6. My EDD with #3 is 03/19/2010. I tested + with HP...More

Helpful Tips

genetic testing and ultrasounds
to all 35+ moms, I was 38 when I received the fabulous news I was expecting, and 39 upon delivery. my blood work came back elevated and i ... More
Was this Helpful?
3 of 3 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.