Skip to content
just when I thought it was never gonna happen....to tell or not to tell?
heartversushead posted:
...and without trying! went away for the weekend, and after disappointments the past 2 mos (had unusual cycles but BFN's), Aunt Flow didn't show up this week...I didn't "feel pregnant" or "just know" but I didn't feel like dear Auntie was going to be making a visit...I thought there's no way I was +, but since no symptoms except pressure on my bladder was all that I had, and that in and of itself was odd, I took a test before work and whaddya know...immediately 2 pink lines appeared and I think I walked around in a dream all day! We go confirm with the Dr. on Friday...what a Christmas gift this year! I decided to quit reading everything I could find on symptoms after the heartache and disappointment and despite being in good shape, was beginning to think it was not going to be as easy for me to conceive as the OB/Gyn led me to believe when I had my annual appointment earlier in the year. Lo and behold, I'd kind of given up actually and then BFP! and not a maybe, and indisputable solid 2 pink lines! So for those who are feeling frustrated or blue, don't give up! Now I'm scared and excited at the same time and my Dr appointment cannot come soon enough!
So, to tell or not to tell, what do you think? Given my age (38), this being my first and all the statistical risks we face, should i tell the Family during Christmas or wait until the end of the first trimester? thoughts?

kai2009 responded:
First off congrats on your pregnancy, what an amazing christmas gift to recieve!!! Honestly its up to you if you wanna share the news with your family so soon, with my first i waited untill i was in my 2nd trimestor just to be in the "safe zone"

heartversushead replied to kai2009's response:
thanks! yeah, I want to wait but because of the timing I can't help but think how cool would it be to tell all the grandparents to be, "your gift isn't under the tree this year....instead...it's inside of me!" they will all be floored whenever we tell them because we've always only had pets!

kai2009 replied to heartversushead's response:
it is very exciting and it is so hard to try to be quit when you wanna say oh guess what or hey just wanted to share maybe what you could do is tell just very close family but if your family is anything like mine, i told my mom oneday and called my aunt the next day to tell her and she already knew lol i was like thanks mom!

heartversushead replied to kai2009's response:
we may be cousins, because that's EXACTLY how my Mom is! lol She's infamous for, "I got you a surprise....wanna know what it is?" And I've never been that way, taking more after my Dad when it comes to keeping confidential things confidential...but this is the most exciting thing that's ever happened to me and nobody ever thought I'd actually have kids when I hadn't by the time I was 35 or 36...I'd like to keep it to just CLOSE Family, but it's a gamble telling Grandma to be!

Spotlight: Member Stories

Mamihlapinatapai is a Yaghan word that means "a look between two people that suggests an unspoken, shared desire."

Helpful Tips

How to load photos on WebMD
WebMD has created a guide to assist you with loading your photos. Photo upload guide More
Was this Helpful?
7 of 15 found this helpful

Helpful Resources

Be the first to post a Resource!

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.