Skip to content
Pains in my hands
Glennboysmom posted:
I am 42 and pregnant for the 5th time. My boys are 21, 18, 15, & 13! I am very active & healthy but am having a terrible time with my hands! They feel like they are asleep. I wake up crying. I have done everything suggested....watch salt, drink water, hand braces, sleeping on left side, massages, etc. I have always had easy pregnancies. I am so uncomfortable and not sleeping. Any suggestions?

phoenix31674 responded:
Sounds like you have pregnancy induced carpal tunnel syndrome. I had it pretty bad with my first. I had to pretty much wear the brace all the time - even when sleeping. I also had to limit my time on the computer because that made it worse. The good news is that it went away after delivery. Unfortunately there is not much you can do about it.

Spotlight: Member Stories

Ann 37yr turning 38 in 3wk. DH 37yr Married Sept. 09. DS 19yr &14yr 1st marriage DSS 17yr. Lost a baby boy Oct. 95 due to trisomy. My DH misscarri...More

Helpful Tips

How to load photos on WebMD
WebMD has created a guide to assist you with loading your photos. Photo upload guide More
Was this Helpful?
7 of 15 found this helpful

Helpful Resources

Be the first to post a Resource!

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.