Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
I am 45 years old
174_230 posted:
Hello my fellow Sistah's
Well i been trying for 20 years to conceive and nothing all the dr's said we was fine.So we accepted it was on GODS time and just njoyed each other.I never missed a cycle for 24 years I been married and I missed my period about a month late now.I am thinking I been blessed to have conceived or am I going through menopause hahah but my mother didn't have me until she was 40 and I am the only child. And no I haven't took a test or went to the dr's becuz I am just scared.

phoenix31674 responded:
Without taking the test, no one can say whether it's your menopause coming or a pregnancy. If you are pregnant, you need to see the doctor as soon as possible because the risk of complications goes up with age. Not to say you can't have a perfectly fine pregnancy, but always good to see a doctor.

174_230 replied to phoenix31674's response:
Ok i took a test and it came up Neg so now what maybe i am going through menopause.

phoenix31674 replied to 174_230's response:
Make an appointment with your doc and s/he can do checks of your hormone levels and let you know what's going on.

Best of luck to you.

Spotlight: Member Stories

I'm 36 and already have a great 11yr old daughter. Plus a wonderful great Hubby that I love a lot.

Helpful Tips

genetic testing and ultrasounds
to all 35+ moms, I was 38 when I received the fabulous news I was expecting, and 39 upon delivery. my blood work came back elevated and i ... More
Was this Helpful?
2 of 2 found this helpful