Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
I am 45 years old
174_230 posted:
Hello my fellow Sistah's
Well i been trying for 20 years to conceive and nothing all the dr's said we was fine.So we accepted it was on GODS time and just njoyed each other.I never missed a cycle for 24 years I been married and I missed my period about a month late now.I am thinking I been blessed to have conceived or am I going through menopause hahah but my mother didn't have me until she was 40 and I am the only child. And no I haven't took a test or went to the dr's becuz I am just scared.

phoenix31674 responded:
Without taking the test, no one can say whether it's your menopause coming or a pregnancy. If you are pregnant, you need to see the doctor as soon as possible because the risk of complications goes up with age. Not to say you can't have a perfectly fine pregnancy, but always good to see a doctor.

174_230 replied to phoenix31674's response:
Ok i took a test and it came up Neg so now what maybe i am going through menopause.

phoenix31674 replied to 174_230's response:
Make an appointment with your doc and s/he can do checks of your hormone levels and let you know what's going on.

Best of luck to you.

Spotlight: Member Stories

I am a mother of two teenage boys ages 18 and 16 from my previous marriage. I am pregnant with my child at the age of 39 years old. The father is 44 y...More

Helpful Tips

genetic testing and ultrasounds
to all 35+ moms, I was 38 when I received the fabulous news I was expecting, and 39 upon delivery. my blood work came back elevated and i ... More
Was this Helpful?
3 of 3 found this helpful

Helpful Resources

Be the first to post a Resource!

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.