Skip to content
Just found out I have Gestational Diabetes..:(
Expecting_babyboy posted:
Hello, So I'm bummed! I'm 29 wks, I'm 37 yrs old and I had to do the 3 hour tolerance test and I found out today that I have GD. I never had this w/my previous 2 pregnancies so I'm kinda upset about it. I know this is common sometimes in pregnancy but I still don't like it. I have an appt on Weds morning for a diabetic training class. The nurse said that they will have me start checking my levels 4 times a day which is a drag but I know I need to do it. This is just overwhelming to me and I'm kinda depressed about it. She said the routine is to try to keep my levels normal first w/diet and exercise, then if that doesn't work an oral medication and then if that fails insulin. Which I'm so hoping that I don't have to take any meds for this. I guess I just wanna hear from other moms or moms to be going thru this and reassure me that it's gonna be ok. Anybody?? Thanks for listening!

Hooahhuney responded:
I am 12 weeks and just got the same diagnosis. I too would appreciate any input.

Spotlight: Member Stories

I joined the Webmd board Pregnancy after 35 back in 2007. Unfortunately I did not get to stay but lurked around instead as I had several MCs. Then in ...More

Helpful Tips

How to load photos on WebMD
WebMD has created a guide to assist you with loading your photos. Photo upload guide More
Was this Helpful?
7 of 15 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.