Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Just found out I have Gestational Diabetes..:(
Expecting_babyboy posted:
Hello, So I'm bummed! I'm 29 wks, I'm 37 yrs old and I had to do the 3 hour tolerance test and I found out today that I have GD. I never had this w/my previous 2 pregnancies so I'm kinda upset about it. I know this is common sometimes in pregnancy but I still don't like it. I have an appt on Weds morning for a diabetic training class. The nurse said that they will have me start checking my levels 4 times a day which is a drag but I know I need to do it. This is just overwhelming to me and I'm kinda depressed about it. She said the routine is to try to keep my levels normal first w/diet and exercise, then if that doesn't work an oral medication and then if that fails insulin. Which I'm so hoping that I don't have to take any meds for this. I guess I just wanna hear from other moms or moms to be going thru this and reassure me that it's gonna be ok. Anybody?? Thanks for listening!

Hooahhuney responded:
I am 12 weeks and just got the same diagnosis. I too would appreciate any input.

Spotlight: Member Stories

I have been married for 5 years and am still kinda undecided as to whether I want to have kids or not.I am almost 35.My husband does want to have kids...More

Helpful Tips

A few tips to start
If you?d like to find which board went to which Exchange, then check out Find Your Exchange . You can increase font size by pressing ... More
Was this Helpful?
13 of 28 found this helpful

Helpful Resources

Be the first to post a Resource!