Skip to content
Threatened miscarriage.
Hooahhuney posted:
Im 9.5 weeks pregnant and had a heavy bleed yesterday. Ultrasound showed good heart tones and a still viable pregnancy. Been on bed rest for two days now. Bleeding stopped and only mild cramping. Anybody else go thru this?

VicsEandJ responded:
((HUGS))

I had several episodes of unexplained bleeding when pregnant with my first child at 38. It continued almost the entire pregnancy and the doctors never had an explanation for it. I got extra ultrasounds, they checked cervical length etc. but nothing was wrong. I just had periodic episodes of bleeding. I was only put on bedrest once- for a day.

The good news- my son is now 4 1/2 years old, healthy and happy! And I had no bleeding with #2 who is now 3 years old!

Sending you Sticky vibes and calming vibes- its terrfying. I freaked out every time it happened, but I just kept going to L& D to get checked.

Hooahhuney replied to VicsEandJ's response:
Thank you so much! Spotting has continued this whole week, nothing like the bleed last Saturday tho. Had a second ultrasound on Thursday and all is still well with baby. Starting to calm down, but it's hard to do!

VicsEandJ replied to Hooahhuney's response:
Glad to hear things are better and the baby is ok!
This will give you good practice in staying calm with all of the scary, heart pounding things that occur with newborns, infants, toddlers, pre-schoolers...!

Keep us posted.

Hooahhuney replied to VicsEandJ's response:
Am now 29 weeks! Spotting continued for another 4 weeks or so. We are both doing fine.

Spotlight: Member Stories

Ann 37yr turning 38 in 3wk. DH 37yr Married Sept. 09. DS 19yr &14yr 1st marriage DSS 17yr. Lost a baby boy Oct. 95 due to trisomy. My DH misscarri...More

Helpful Tips

genetic testing and ultrasounds
to all 35+ moms, I was 38 when I received the fabulous news I was expecting, and 39 upon delivery. my blood work came back elevated and i ... More
Was this Helpful?
3 of 3 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.