Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Trying for baby at 37
TanyaLynn1975 posted:
I was just wondering if any of you can give me tips for trying to get
pregnant at 37 with irregular cycles. I will have a cycle at 2,3,4 weeks, depending on the month, which makes it very difficult to pin point when I am ovulating, I am 37 my husband 39, we have no children and are both so ready to be parents, but have had no luck,, any tips will be great,, Thanks!

An_245078 responded:
had irregular periods and i am almost 39 and pregnant had sex 3 days after period ended and on top don't know if that mattered or not but that's how it happened hope it helps you out

phoenix31674 responded:
If you have sex every 2-3 days it will make sure to catch any egg (which lasts about 24 hours) because sperm is viable for up to 72 hours. Because you have an irregular cycle, you should make sure you are ovulating. There are home test kits for that. Also you should talk to your doctor about why you have irregular periods if you haven't done so yet.

Best of luck.

Ntoctien replied to phoenix31674's response:
Thanks for the info. I had miscarriage twice and I'm planning for this year but my period is irregular.

jlbwondering35 responded:
My best advice is use an ovulation predictor kit. You can get them at any pharmacy. You pee on it and when it tells you you are ovulating you're good to go. FYI if that works for you, you're more likely to have a boy b/c boy sperm swim faster than the girl sperm...so they'll reach the egg first.

I used the kit with both pregnancies and got pregnant right away with both. Good luck to you!
ME (36) DH (39), EDD 2/28/11 BOY OR GIRL

achugbu replied to jlbwondering35's response:
Thanks so much I just started using the ovulation kits and I was wondering whether or not it would help me. I am about to turn 35 and have been trying for months still not pregnant but you give me hope.

Spotlight: Member Stories

My name is Yvette. I recently turned 40. I have an 18yr old son. I also recently got married to a GOOD Man....who totally changed my mind in having an...More

Helpful Tips

How to load photos on WebMD
WebMD has created a guide to assist you with loading your photos. Photo upload guide More
Was this Helpful?
7 of 15 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.