Skip to content
39 and pregnant
traceynic posted:
really don't know where to start here i am 38 will be 39 in august should have started my period around the 22nd it never arrived i have taken 2 pregnancy test both were positive i have been with my boyfriend for 6 yrs and would love nothing more than to have his child but i have no health insurance have untreated diabetes work at a job that i have to lift things over 80-100 lbs in 115 120 degree weather people telling me to have the baby others saying i'm to old scared to have an abortion and scared to have the baby sorry just needing to vent

kay_kay75 responded:
First things first, congratulations, you can apply for Medicaid for Pregnant women, as soon as you are confirmed pregnant make sure to let your direct supervisor know so that your work can be modified and you can take extra breaks. Make sure to drink lots of water. Lots of people will try to push you their way but you have to do what is right in your heart and what you want to do! Everything happens for a reason! Sending out calming vibes and prayers for you!

I am overweight, was not married at the time and had many people tell me to do an abortion, I went with my heart and now have a beautiful daughter that is the light of my life!

Kay (37), DH (40) DD (15 months)

dfoster2012 responded:
Congrats. I just gave birth to my daughter on 4/13/12. I was 39 when i got pregnant, now i'm 40. Everyone told me to have an abortion, but I believe that everything happens for a reason. Getting pregnant is a blessing from God. I had 4 misscarriages. I had so many complications while I was pregnant. Diabetes, high blood pressure and anything else that could come up. I was so frustrated, but I see that it was all worth it. The monthly ultrasound said that my daughter would be 7 lbs, but she came out 4lbs 15oz and very healthy. I had to sign up for medicaid and WIC. Like said it was all worth it

trinionboard replied to dfoster2012's response:
My biggest Congratulations to you dfoster2012 for a job well done .Now this is your biggest and best job you will ever have .The hours will be very long the seconds turns into minutes the minutes turns into hours and before you know it another generation is born .You will never be paid cash but your biggest investment will be this journey you choose to undertake. I wish you all the best and God's richest blessings on you and your family.

Spotlight: Member Stories

I'm 8wks pg with baby #2. My daughter was born 07/16/09. I was 35 when I became pg with her. Now I'll be turning 37 at the end of the month. I...More

Helpful Tips

genetic testing and ultrasounds
to all 35+ moms, I was 38 when I received the fabulous news I was expecting, and 39 upon delivery. my blood work came back elevated and i ... More
Was this Helpful?
3 of 3 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.