Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Expat mom to be
Simonewrites posted:
Hello all,
I am 43 and newly pregnant for the 1st time, if the ept test is accurate. I'm still having difficulty believing it. I should be at 5 weeks. I'm living in Turkey at the moment and do not have easy access to prenatal care and doubt if I'll be able to find an English speaking doctor. I'll be back in the States at about 10 weeks so will arrange my 1st visit then and in the meantime I'll find a prenatal vitamin to start taking.

I'm wondering if there is anything else I can do. Are there any other expat moms that could share your experiences and wisdom.

Thanks

kay_kay75 responded:
First thing, Congratulations, make sure to eat healthy, stay away from unpasturized soft cheeses and milk. Get lots of rest and try not to stress.

piyeye responded:
Congratulations, Simonewrites!

I was in the same shoes - got pregnant in Asia and had no one to turn to, but I was able to get some instant advice (free!!) from the doctors on Healthtap (https://www.healthtap.com/) . They have a lot of OBGYN's and Pediatricians answering questions regarding pregnancy, childbirth, infant care, child care. If you can not find any English-speaking doctors where you live and have some very specific questions, I'd say give it a try.

Good luck!

Simonewrites replied to piyeye's response:
Thanks for the info, Piyeye. It looks like a great sight and I am relieved to know that I have a professional resource at my fingertips!

KayKay, thank you for the advice and good wishes.

Spotlight: Member Stories

Wow! I'm back! Let's see I am NOT 42 anymore (though I was when I joined up to follow my pg!) I am now 46 - and will be turning 47 this year. ...More

Helpful Tips

A few tips to start
If you?d like to find which board went to which Exchange, then check out Find Your Exchange . You can increase font size by pressing ... More
Was this Helpful?
13 of 28 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.