Skip to content
Glad I found this Community
Reace102308 posted:
I will turn 43 next month and have a 3 yr old little boy. He will turn 4 in October. Hy husband works p/t and is collecting WC benefits. Not much either... I was just laid off from my job of 5 years yesterday! Completely unexpected. I had a rough night last night as I have never been laid off before and have never collected unemployment benefits. But first time for everything I guess. My periods started to get a bit erratic the beginning of the year. I have always been like clockwork. My mother started going through menopause in her early 40's. I am on day 35 and no period. I haven't taken a test as I'm thinking it could be stress, my age etc... But this is the longest I have ever gone between cycles. I got my period twice in March, which has never happened. Then in April it was a regular cycle. My breasts are very sore. I am going to wait another 4 to 5 days and see if it arrives. But if I am pregnant I'm going to freak out. Financially we are not ready for a baby. But on the other hand I would love to have another child. Especially for my son. I'm torn. But first things first. Need to find out. Glad to have others to discuss older parenting!!

Anon_125277 responded:
good luck to you!!!

Spotlight: Member Stories

I am 40 years old and very happy to be expecting #4! I work full-time and my DH is home with the kids. The older kids are active in various activities...More

Helpful Tips

genetic testing and ultrasounds
to all 35+ moms, I was 38 when I received the fabulous news I was expecting, and 39 upon delivery. my blood work came back elevated and i ... More
Was this Helpful?
3 of 3 found this helpful

Helpful Resources

Be the first to post a Resource!

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.