Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Pregnancy following C-section incision hernia mesh repair
An_246404 posted:
I am 41 years old, 8 weeks pregnant. Two years ago I had a c-section (first child) and six monthls later I had to have a abdominal surgery to repair a incisional hernia because my c-section incision had not healed properly. Has anyone had a birth after such a hernial repair? I am thinking this will have to be another c-section? Do they cut through the mesh or will it be a new incision?

shel10 responded:
Hello,
congratulations on your pregnancy, I am 38 and have three boys. 19, 3, 1 years. All of them c-section. The last two boys were by c section horizontal incision. Yes. My doctor just cut on top of the previous incision. She said I should not worry about the skin being weaker because of it. As a matter of fact it has healed nicely, surprisingly. I did have a little larger incision with my last boy, his head was a little larger than the 3 year old so she cut a like an inch more. Hope all is well and send some baby magic my way. Would like to be pregnant again at 38.

Spotlight: Member Stories

After years of the Doctors telling me I wouldn't have a baby due to female troubles and since 2001 my diabetes. I had a surprise baby 5/24/2009. I...More

Helpful Tips

A few tips to start
If you?d like to find which board went to which Exchange, then check out Find Your Exchange . You can increase font size by pressing ... More
Was this Helpful?
13 of 28 found this helpful

Helpful Resources

Be the first to post a Resource!

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.